MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round

ItalianDolFan said:
what is Miami doing??? We dont need a CB! We already have 2 young, good CBs in Will Poole and Reggie Howard! We also have Mario Edwards to back them up. Instead of using the pick on a much needed Center or QB, he uses it on a CB...now Stefan Lefors, Kyle Orton, Elton Brown, Jason Brown are all gone. Along with 2 good receivers. So NOW who do we pick...i doubt Adrian McPherson lasts until our pick, and i doubt Ben Wilkerson lasts...but if either does, i pray we get him. Because right now the field is thinning...not many good talents are left...we coulda had one...but no, we chose a.....CB...even tho our defensive back unit is one of the best, we still go after a CB. Come on, Saban...use ur brain!!

Please !!!!

Before spewing , educate one's self people.

This is not your father's NFL anymore in case you have been too busy "scouting" college players.

Defensive backs are at an even more substantial premium. With the rule changes and the propensity of having 5 or 6 DB's on the field , can you every have enough?

Plus calling Reggie Howard and Will Pool good young cb's is a tad optimistic. Howard is not young anymore (no not old ) but he did not exactly come in to Miami and make an impact. Pool has potential ,but it is just that , he has yet to establish he is a dependable starter.

Does ANYONE think Saban would not take exactly whom he thinks is the best fit and best overall longterm selection for HIS team? Really anyone??? Homer pick ? AHHHHH!!!!!!!! You think he may have a bit of insight to his make up and potential and upside? Think he may know more that we do? Just a bit I suspect.....

The other thing here is , and some get it , but many don't..... this is not a one year fix. This is not where we are going to address and turn around the depth and talent in one year. There will be needs going into the mini camps , there will be needs going into pre season , there WILL be ongoing needs going into the regular season... Just face it....you can cheer and yes HOPE Miami can be above .500 but be realistic.

We need youth and talent ACROSS the board. Most onhere do not realize how poorly we compare to most other teams in those areas. This is a start , a GREAT start.... we won't solve all the concerns though ,so learn it , live with it.... I really have not felt the sucess of Miami has been in better hands for years and years.... ( I am pondering when actually ) ....

One other thing.... look for Miami to be active with street free agents and then as the season progresses , to bring in cuts from other teams that currently do have more young depth than we do. I also love Saban's recent collegiate experience to provide at least a couple productive players in that vein.

ItalianDolFan said:
if Adrian McPherson, Ernest Shazor, Ben Wilkerson, or Hawthorne are still available come our 5th round pick....they will be a steal and we better get them if they are still there!!

Can we get them all? Just checking maybe I have missed something?

Well said

Great point Dolfan22! Also Boomer the there is hope . Thank you Nick AAA++ draft so far. :cooldude: :wink:

Boomer, tell me what Travis Daniels brings to Miami.

I guess u could say with Poole, Howard, Daniels, Edwards, Madison...we could make for a darn good DIME or NICKEL defense...but i doubt we'd play nickel or dime...but when we do, we may be an awesome pass defense.

Travis Daniels is a stud.

:roflmao:

Seriously though. This is a very good pick and great value in the 4th round. He said he was going to take a corner today and he did. This guy was an animal in their BCS game against OU. Converted to corner from safety and he's a good tackler. Could be a starter at FS in a year or 2.

Back
Top Bottom