MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round

Derek Anderson would be a good 5th round pickup, not a good early 4th round pickup...and I really feel Orton tosses too many flags straight in your face to take him early in the 4th round. I take Travis Daniels over Orton in the 4th round any day of the week.

I just think it is too bad that LeFors is gone.

what is Miami doing??? We dont need a CB! We already have 2 young, good CBs in Will Poole and Reggie Howard! We also have Mario Edwards to back them up. Instead of using the pick on a much needed Center or QB, he uses it on a CB...now Stefan Lefors, Kyle Orton, Elton Brown, Jason Brown are all gone. Along with 2 good receivers. So NOW who do we pick...i doubt Adrian McPherson lasts until our pick, and i doubt Ben Wilkerson lasts...but if either does, i pray we get him. Because right now the field is thinning...not many good talents are left...we coulda had one...but no, we chose a.....CB...even tho our defensive back unit is one of the best, we still go after a CB. Come on, Saban...use ur brain!!

ItalianDolFan said:
what is Miami doing??? We dont need a CB! We already have 2 young, good CBs in Will Poole and Reggie Howard! We also have Mario Edwards to back them up. Instead of using the pick on a much needed Center or QB, he uses it on a CB...now Stefan Lefors, Kyle Orton, Elton Brown, Jason Brown are all gone. Along with 2 good receivers. So NOW who do we pick...i doubt Adrian McPherson lasts until our pick, and i doubt Ben Wilkerson lasts...but if either does, i pray we get him. Because right now the field is thinning...not many good talents are left...we coulda had one...but no, we chose a.....CB...even tho our defensive back unit is one of the best, we still go after a CB. Come on, Saban...use ur brain!!

This is all that's wrong with Fin Heaven.

Megatron said:
Well I guess Saban stuck with a known commodity, can't blame him. It may also be important to have someone in the lockerroom that knows exactly what to expect from Saban. The vets might appreciate the drive and attitude of a four year coached Saban product.
I think that anybody that Saban choses from LSU should be given an automatic pass. Who better to make the call than the coach who has coached him for the last 4 years?

To me, that's the end of the debate.

ItalianDolFan said:
The same defensive backfield that lost 3/4ths of there starters? That great backfield? Come on "use ur brain"

I think Reggie Howard may be cut. He's far too expensive considering his talent level.

Saban needs to make this roster lean, and then build from there. Right now it is fat.

Plus Howard is small considering what Nick likes. He does play the run very well though which works in his favour.

Yes but we gave him a contract that is not justified, and now they are trying to get Howard to restructure that thing, and he's refusing. Like I said he needs to make the roster lean and underpaid, because talent appreciates and free agency comes up quickly and then you end up having to give guys premiums to keep them.

Boomer said:
This is all that's wrong with Fin Heaven.

No question Boom. I'm just tired of people who have no clue what they're even typing weighing in like they know talent. With a couple of exceptions, the people on this board couldn't draft their way out of a paper bag, and I include myself in that. Just shut up already. Tis better to be quiet and thought an idiot then open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

if Adrian McPherson, Ernest Shazor, Ben Wilkerson, or Hawthorne are still available come our 5th round pick....they will be a steal and we better get them if they are still there!!

FireWrongstedt said:
No question Boom. I'm just tired of people who have no clue what they're even typing weighing in like they know talent. With a couple of exceptions, the people on this board couldn't draft their way out of a paper bag, and I include myself in that. Just shut up already. Tis better to be quiet and thought an idiot then open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Good points well made mate

As Saban coached the guy 4 years long he knows what he is getting. So if he has confidence in him, why shouldn't I?
Also: as the Fins are (partially) switching to 3-4, the necessity to draft a DT position decreases. While on the other hand they only have 4 corners (with Madison gone after next year, a slow Howard, Edwards who seems to be so great that teams are cutting him over and over and an unproven but promising 2nd year player Poole). This position is only topped by the S position where there is not even one proven FS, all current players look either injury prone, practice squad players or both.
So I hope they switch Daniels to FS and that Saban knows more from 4 years of coaching him than I from following the draft on my computer from Germany for one month.

FireWrongstedt said:

My thoughts exactly.. sig says it all!:lol:

ckparrothead said:
I think Reggie Howard may be cut. He's far too expensive considering his talent level.

Saban needs to make this roster lean, and then build from there. Right now it is fat.
Or a clone of the Pats.....
:D

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom