MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round

I wouldnt be suprised if Saban went with another one of his guys, Ben Wilkerson in the 5th if he's still there.

nepaica said:
Hey I hope you are correct. Scouts on ESPN said the guy was too slow and should go 6 or 7.

Well Kiper is on ESPN and said he was a 2/3. Anyone who said 6/7 is a dope, plain and simple who should stick to evaluating swingball.

Some of these responses, mostly from people who have never seen Daniels play, is nigh on ridiculous.

SCall13 said:
Nick brought one of his own. I guess it's not a terrible pick, but I was hoping for some oline.
Me to:shakeno:

nepaica said:
Hey I hope you are correct. Scouts on ESPN said the guy was too slow and should go 6 or 7.
4.4 is pretty slow...

I emailed Scott Wright (the owner of nfldraftcountdown.com) awhile back to find out more information on him. He thought he was a vvery good player who owuld shoot up the board. Sure enough he had a very good pro day and was considered a 3rd round pick.

If we were going DB, I would have preferred Brandon Browner but I don't think this is a BAD pick.

come on saban make these fans shutup again and pick some one good so they can all ****!ng can agree

MAybe even as an undrafted FA

Could of been worse wanny would of traded up tp nab him

J Tes said:
No trust me, Orton blows. His delivery of the ball is extremely slow and is a statue in the backfield. Oh and his senior season was anything but impressive. Why do you think Orton will be a solid pro? Or is it that you have heard of him before so he must be good

The only people that think Orton is any good are Purdue homers and people that heard of his name since he finally put up some good numbers in a few games against some terrible teams at the beginning of the year. People that watched him play poorly his first three years, during the 2nd half of his senior year, at the senior bowl, at the college all star challenge, etc know he stinks.

Orton's a career backup and another terrible pick for the Chicago Bears.

Hostile7 said:
4.4 is pretty slow...

I emailed Scott Wright (the owner of nfldraftcountdown.com) awhile back to find out more information on him. He thought he was a vvery good player who owuld shoot up the board. Sure enough he had a very good pro day and was considered a 3rd round pick.

4.4 is slow? Didnt Ronnie run a 4.4 and everyone said it was fast as heck?

MARLINSFAN305 said:
I wouldnt be suprised if Saban went with another one of his guys, Ben Wilkerson in the 5th if he's still there.

I like Wilkerson a lot too, but I prefer Jason Brown mainly because I saw every game he played the last 4 years. He's a high character guy and an absolute road grader!

Here is the take from Sportsline

Has an underdeveloped body with no meat on his thighs, legs and calves. … Has experience at all secondary positions, but may be better suited for free safety due to a lack of acceptable speed to play effectively in man coverage. … He does a good job attacking the ball downfield, but is sometimes late to react when playing in off coverage. … His range is suspect, as he does not appear to have good recovery speed. … Better in zone coverage, where he can utilize his intelligence, as he seems to lack patience in man coverage and has questionable deep speed. … For some reason, Tigers defensive backs have poor backpedaling ability. … His tight hips and marginal footwork are evident as he appears late to react coming out of his backpedal and this prevents him from turning and running with his receiver on deep routes. … Could be more effective in press coverage if he would improve his hand placement (fails to disrupt with a good push or jolt).

I liked this pick better than the Crowder pick simply because of Crowder's health concerns. I just hope Daniels lives up to all of they hype I've read. It seems that Daniels had the same grade as his teammate Webster did which isn't that bad. Hell, if this guy plays as well as Randall Gay I'd be happy.

first of all 4.4 is not slow its faster than wat antrell rolle ran second am tired of hearing these rediculous comments from ppl who prob barely watch these teams i am a huge college football fan i i no that he has the same ability as corey webster and the fact he an play both the safety and cb makes it all the better instead of b****ing about that pick worry about a wr or ol being there nex pik

Hostile7 said:
Daniels didn't have a 5th round rating. He had a 3rd round rating on a lot of boards...

SCOUTS on ESPN had him projected final two rounds.

Back
Top Bottom