MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round

Also, Daniels is a local kid. Played at South Broward High in Hollywood.

I think there are bigger issues with McPherson then the check and gambling. Trust me that if GM's really thought he will become a star, they would have drafted him by now. At this point, I'm thinking many feel that he just isn't that good a QB.

Nick said he would go CB here and he did. One of his own. Kiper said he ran a 4.45 40. I think the kid will be a system guy and be just fine. Saban is kicking butt.

DAMN IF YOULL DONT KNOW THE GUY DANIELS DONT TALK BAD ABOUT HIM!!! I LIKE THE PICK!!! CB WAS THE NEED AND WE GOT HIM!!! DANIELS A SABAN LSU PLAYER THAT HE ACTUALLY COACHED IN LSU!!! WATCH HIM BE THE MAN IN MIAMI!!! AND U DOLPHINS FANS STOP HATING BECAUSE U MAKE ME SICK WHEN U TALK BAD ABOUT MY TEAM!!!:fire:

We need a center and I predict that will be our next pick. Hopefully either Wilkerson, C, LSU or Jason Brown, C, UNC. If its Wilkerson please stop with the homer crap!

Positives: Instinctive player who moved from safety to cornerback … Has a tall, wiry frame with room for additional growth … Intelligent athlete who is rarely caught out of position and knows how to use the sidelines to his advantage … Shows a quick forward charge and times his leaps well to attack the ball in the air … Has a sharp straight-line burst and will not be fooled by play action or double pumps … Solid open-field tackler who will position, grab and drag down his man to make the play … Flashes natural ability to mirror the receiver in man coverage, but does need technique refinement … Has the range and intelligence to sort out the action and read routes properly when operating in zone coverage … Effective blitzer coming off the edge and also manages to penetrate the inside gaps to disrupt plays in the backfield … Has small, soft hands and looks natural catching the ball … Has adequate strength for his position and the leaping ability to win jump balls … His long arms help him shut down receivers on fade routes, doing a nice job of trying to press.

Negatives: Must add needed bulk to his frame … Has an underdeveloped body with no meat on his thighs, legs and calves … Has experience at all secondary positions, but may be better suited for free safety due to a lack of acceptable speed to play effectively in man coverage … He does a good job attacking the ball downfield, but is sometimes late to react when playing in off coverage … His range is suspect, as he does not appear to have good recovery speed … Better in zone coverage, where he can utilize his intelligence, as he seems to lack patience in man coverage and has questionable deep speed … For some reason, Tigers defensive backs have poor backpedaling ability … His tight hips and marginal footwork are evident as he appears late to react coming out of his backpedal and this prevents him from turning and running with his receiver on deep routes … Could be more effective in press coverage if he would improve his hand placement (fails to disrupt with a good push or jolt).

Jaj said:
I'm not gonna be a homer, it wasn't a good pick. Comon Saban all because you never saw the North of the country doesn't mean they suck.
Did they move Iowa to the south?

Jaj said:
Orton doesn't blow, he's better than Travis Daniels. Considering we have almost no picks Nick shouldn't just pick SEC players.
No trust me, Orton blows. His delivery of the ball is extremely slow and is a statue in the backfield. Oh and his senior season was anything but impressive. Why do you think Orton will be a solid pro? Or is it that you have heard of him before so he must be good

Yeah I thought Nick would end up with either Webster or Daniels somehow. Daniels showed up to the Senior Bowl and did really, really well. Webster, on the other hand, did not. I think Nick would have taken Webster down here too, but teams forgot about Websters forgettable senior season and his Senior Bowl and he went high. I don't think teams would have forgotten about Daniels for much longer, and we don't pick again until the end of the 5th round. This was a good pickup because we do need more young guys in the secondary, and the 2nd day is exactly where you get them. Remember, one reason Daniels has high value to us here is because he already knows the system, and there won't be much of a learning curve. All he will need to do, is get use to NFL caliber WRs.

Orton sucks, I've seen film on him time and again and you know what his situation reminds me of Cody Pickett, who also sucks. Orton doesn't show very good touch on his passes, he's stiff as a board in the pocket, and really the only thing he has going for him is that live arm. If you want a live arm, you can find that in better QB prospects. Heck, you could sign Lang Campbell out of William & Mary undrafted and get probably as good a prospect as Kyle Orton.

Antaj Hawthorne, you really have to be wary of a guy that was stupid enough to smoke marijuana within weeks of the NFL combine. Seriously. And we all know that you can mask that stuff, ask Ricky.

The only player mentioned that I would have considered is Elton Brown. But, the guy has an attitude problem clearly. You don't want to end up caught in a value trap...where you grab something whose value is sinking fast because it looks like a premium value, but the value just keeps dropping.

I dont think he was the BPA. And i would have much rather had:

Adrian Mcpherson
Jerome Mathis
Ernest Shazor
Elton Brown
Marion Barber III

any of these guys would have been better!

Mr Fan said:
I agree, this is the one pick I disagree with as Hawthorne, Mcphearson and the LSU center were all sitting there.

Yep Hawthorne would have been a better pick:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom