MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round

Oh ya, and I KNEW that if Saban picked just one LSU player there would be someone on this board that claimed...

HOMER PICK!

Puh-leeze.

Nappy Roots said:
not according to Nick.....so whos right:confused:

Hmmmm.... let me think about that. A yahoo on a message baord who's watched no film, never recruited or coached Daniels a day in his life, and knows absolutely nothing about him? Or Saban? Man, that's a tough one. :rolleyes:

Bates had no control over the offense and he wasn'to going to change it late in the season. He did the best he could with what he was dealt and had our team playing much better by the end of the year.

Hawthorne has consistency issues. And he tested positive for marijuana at the Combine. HE KNEW HE WOULD GET TESTED. THEY ALL KNOW. HE KNEW THE CONSEQUENCES. AND HE STILL SMOKED ANYWAY. That qualifies him as an idiot in my book. 31 other teams have passed on him 3-4 times now. And WE'RE the idiots?? C'mon now.

if you can't handle reading the truth then don't read it. I think the last quarterback we drafted was over 20 years ago. So how much more proof do you need. Unbelievable - we have a chance to get a decent quarterback in the 4th round and all Saban can do is go after defensive players!

Jaj said:
Boomer I'm a guy who loves to pick young D in the mid rounds, but if your gonna pick D why not take a DT like Hawthorne or Mosley?

AGREED. I've seen alot of Hawthorne playing. I don't understand why he was not our pick. He was INCREDIBLE value here. OG Brown made sense here as well. Oh well, I guess Saban knows his own guy better than anyone. I still hope we take a chance on QB. I really want us to give Lefors a shot. I don't give a sh*t about his height. I think he can make it in the NFL and will be a STEAL for someone in this draft. If I'm wrong, oh well it was only a 5th rounder.

You only think they're good cause you have heard of them. You haven't watched film on them and studied them like Nick has so I think his word is a little better than yours.

Joe Flipper said:
YUK...that guy would have been there later in dRAFT...BAD PICK
How do you know this? Man, were do some of you come up with this stuff. You have NO idea how these players are percieved by the NFL.

not thrilled about the pick... liked Fuller better at FS but then again Saban knows more than me.

I just hope we can get a C in this draft... maybe it was ealry still to get Brown or Wilkenson.. but we had a chance at a top center... a definite need

Boomer said:
Most of you are going by the names that you have heard and that you know - that doesn't mean they are the best players - there is a reason other teams are avoiding them too.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! i've mentioned that too....there are reasons why the pple they are mentioning keep falling

We dont need a QB. If Dan Marino or Elway were behind that Offensive line last year, they would have appeared to suck. Teams were stacking the line as they did not respect our running game. Feely, Fiedler and Rosenfelds were running for their lives when they were in a passing situation.

I don't know about this one. I know people feel we need a CB with the loss of Surtain, but we already have 4 CB's that can start. If he moves to safety thats a different story. I am going to trust Saban on this, but to me it seems one of the WR's, or one of the QB's, or even Hawthorne or Shazor would have been a better pick.

Mel Kiper said that if he were judged from 2003 and not 2004 he would've been a much higher pick. It wasnt b/c of incostinency but due to injury. We got a steal and who better to knopw than someone who saw him day in and day out - Saban. I got this exerpt from the miamidolphins.com website.

He took over right cornerback duties as a junior and proceeded to register a career-high 58 tackles (43 solo) with two sacks, 6½ stops for losses and three quarterback pressures. With Webster shutting down the opposition on the left side of the field, opponents soon found the same held true on the right side as Daniels totaled 26 pass deflections and two interceptions in 2003. With Webster hampered by hamstring problems in 2004, Daniels had to take on more of a leadership role in the young secondary. He recorded 48 tackles (28 solo) with nine pass break-ups in his final campaign.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3829

Back
Top Bottom