MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round

He was a great pick. He can play any position, and Nick knows all he needs to know about him. I think we just drafted our next safety.

I think Saban has the right Idea. Bring some youth and speed into the Defense as they are getting old. The offensive line needs to gel together and with the new line coach, hopefully this works.

SkapePhin said:
For you Offense guys.. Remember what Jim Bates said before he left? The Offense is almost set.. I have a feeling Houck saw enough in our guys that he wasnt pushing for more players.. Still could take OL in the 5th.

what does Bates know about offense? Nothing. He's been stuck with Wanny for so damn long. Plus, if he was so well rounded, he'd have a HC job, which by last look, he was stuck making a lateral move.

Blackshade said:
True on Roth and Crowder, not true on Daniels. No one had Daniels as a 3rd rounder, he was probably a 4th to 5th round type guy.

Sorry but Kiper had him as late 2 value yesterday.

kiper:"WIth his size, athletic ability and big game exoerience, a player with Danile's ability would make sense in the late 2nd to early 3rd round area, especially if he can revert to his 2003 form. With that in mind, he would have to be considered a steal any later than the end of day 1".

Pocoloco said:
are you kidding? with Elton Brown and Hawthorne still out there? horrible pick

I like the pick.. The kid can play Safety and Cornerback.. I think whats gonna happen is he gets moved over to FS.

Just because the kid went to LSU doesnt make it a homer pick.. I would rather Saban pick someone he personally coached and knows than a guy he doesnt have a clue about.. Should tell you something about the player we are getting, I trust Sabans judgement..

jguig said:
We are set at DE, not at DT. If you are expective Bowens to survive a year with that bad back, you are as delusional as Bowens is. You just don't come back from that kind of surgery into such a physically stressful position.
Never read that TimBo had surgery on his back. Just rested and rehabbed from what I've heard.

duss12 said:
Because there was a lot of better players available!!!

Hawthorne
Shazor
Elton Brown
Jason Brown
Fred Gibson
Did you ever think for a second that may these guys arent as good as we/you may think? I mean they're still left for a reason. Or maybe ever team in the NFL is just dumb :shakeno:

Joe Flipper said:
Bad pick!..........Bad Pick !................YUK

Talk me through Daniels' good and bad points.

Enlighten me

I think this is a solid pick (saw him play, and I liked him), but I was hoping we would get a QB to groom,because even though I believe in Feeley, just in case Feeley does not work out we will need someone. I was hoping in taking one of the remaining QBs of Orton-Orlovsky-McPherson-Lafors. Orton is gone, Orlovsky will probably be gone, and McPherson is not going to last much longer, so of those 4, Lafors might be the only one when we pick again.......very disappointing if this is the case.

Thanks Boomer- I like the pick and find it funny that all the guys on here think they are experts. I think Saban watches just a wee bit more film then us.

There's a ton of depth at the DT position...

Means, Thomas, Burt, etc...

We needed to replace Surtain... We got a smart player who Saban KNOWS. I don't see how you can love everything he's done, and yet hate this pick. Good value, good player, and a need is addressed.

Back
Top Bottom