MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round

How many G's do we have? That's why Brown wasn't the pick.

we dont need a qb this year, there will be alot qb's in next years draft, give deeley a chance people, last year we had alot of problems. Ronnie will make our oline better right away and our new offense will be a change. Houck one of the best oline devolpers in the game. i praise the defensive draft picks, depth is great, our dline depth is scary(wont tire late in games) and will be pressuring alot which is a big help to our secondary. also i believe our lb positon is pretty good so dont worry!!!!!!

ny_finfan1966 said:
if you can't handle reading the truth then don't read it. I think the last quarterback we drafted was over 20 years ago. So how much more proof do you need. Unbelievable - we have a chance to get a decent quarterback in the 4th round and all Saban can do is go after defensive players!

If you think we are getting our QB of the future in the 4th round you are completely delusional!

2nd Day QBs do not all turn into Tom Bradys.

Boomer said:
Anothr great value pick. 4 superb picks, sticking to the game plan, getting value in 2,3 and 4 with guys who should have gone much higher. Really nice.

That seems to be the theme this draft.There were sexier names for the first second day pick but Saban went with the safe choice.There is nothing wrong with that.He knows what he can and cannot do.There is less chance of a bust that way.

Jaj said:
Orton doesn't blow, he's better than Travis Daniels. Considering we have almost no picks Nick shouldn't just pick SEC players.

We are set at QB this year and we do need help in the secondary. We have plenty of guys up front now we can only play 3-4 at a time. And its not just that Daniels played in the SEC he was on LSU. Saban knows exactly what he is getting in this guy no need to ask anyone about him or watch his combine he has been watching him for years. He had a subpar senior year but a better junior year than CB Webster. I would have liked to have seen this guy in the 5th but Saban didn't think he was gonna last.. GreenMonster

We signed Edwards to replace Surtain. Daniels will prolly play Safety and compete with Bell, Tillman

Hostile7 said:
We needed to replace Surtain... We got a smart player who Saban KNOWS. I don't see how you can love everything he's done, and yet hate this pick. Good value, good player, and a need is addressed.

I don't like the pick b/c it was a reach. Daniels had a 5th round rating...the main problem most of us have with this is that there were better players that filled an obvious need moreso than Daniels.

No more potheads on this team.

First Ricky, now you guys want Hawthorne...

I agree, this is the one pick I disagree with as Hawthorne, Mcphearson and the LSU center were all sitting there.

if those guys are so good, why are they slipping. Personal issues really can affect a guy's ability to help us. If you play lackadaisical and then smoke weed (and are too stupid to mask it) when you KNOW you're getting tested then it says something about you. It's not that he smoked weed (most players do), it's that he did it when he knew he was getting tested. Imagine you get a new job and the personnel department tells you to come in on Tuesday for a drug test. You then proceed to wake up Tuesday morning and light a spliff. Has to say something about your judgment.

VaDolphan said:
I don't like the pick b/c it was a reach. Daniels had a 5th round rating...the main problem most of us have with this is that there were better players that filled an obvious need moreso than Daniels.

Daniels didn't have a 5th round rating. He had a 3rd round rating on a lot of boards...

touborg said:
He was a great pick. He can play any position, and Nick knows all he needs to know about him. I think we just drafted our next safety.

I agree with evrything you said.

Boomer said:
Most of you are going by the names that you have heard and that you know - that doesn't mean they are the best players - there is a reason other teams are avoiding them too.

Don't tell them that Boom. You're going to make them think that Saban is a better talent evaluator then all of them. It might bruise their egos. :rolleyes:

Muck said:
Hawthorne has consistency issues. And he tested positive for marijuana at the Combine. HE KNEW HE WOULD GET TESTED. THEY ALL KNOW. HE KNEW THE CONSEQUENCES. AND HE STILL SMOKED ANYWAY. That qualifies him as an idiot in my book. 31 other teams have passed on him 3-4 times now. And WE'RE the idiots?? C'mon now.

Some people never learn.

How can Dolphins fans, of all people of all years, want a player that cares so little about his football career that he's willing to drastically hurt it to smoke some dope just before he takes a drug test? Absolutely amazing.

thats what i am saying...there are better people on the board!..........we should have went qb or o-line

Back
Top Bottom