MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round

Nick REALLY wanted Webster CK...admitted it last night.

Boomer said:
Most of you are going by the names that you have heard and that you know - that doesn't mean they are the best players - there is a reason other teams are avoiding them too.
DING DING DING. We have a winner. I have been trying to say this all morning. I dont get were some people get this "he would have been there in the 5th"? Please someone tell me why you make these statments? And there must be some reason some of these players that are "better" are still out there. Must be that some of you no more about these players, than NFL scouts.

I dont know how anyone cannot like this pick. Daniels was on my radar all the way cus guess what? he is an LSU guy and we need DB's (safety and CB) duh. What the hell are some of you thinking? Our defense will ruin QB's everwhere, including Tommy Brady.

Have to give Saban credit for now. He has to be drafting with a two year plan to get young players back into the system. Thanks to the previous coaches, we have traded our draft picks for High priced free agents and we as fans have been unfortunately been conditioned to expect immediate payouts. We are at least two years away from a decent year.

Boomer do you think we will go center with our next pick? I thought McKinney was the worst player on our O-line last year.

It's amazing that people still want Hawthorne the guy was caught 2 weeks before the draft. Yeah he'll stick around. Daniels is a need pick for us, and if he can play safety it's a very good pick.

Dunno Can we Win.......Anthony Bryant, Sensabaugh, Darrell Shropshire, Fields, Gibson or Thorpe if there

Hostile7 said:
Daniels didn't have a 5th round rating. He had a 3rd round rating on a lot of boards...

I went by CNNSI's rating. What publications have him being a 3rd?

Here's what I read:

BIO: Moved in with the first unit as a junior and has started 26 consecutive games. Posted 48/0/9 as a senior after a career-high 58 tackles and two interceptions the prior campaign.

POSITIVES: Well-built cornerback who can be used in press or zone coverage. Fluid turning his hips off the line, physical throughout the action and uses his frame to box opponents from the play. Reads the receivers eyes, quickly breaks on the pass and quick getting a hand in to deflect the throw. Comes up the field to support the run and likes to mix it up. Displays good hands for the pick.

NEGATIVES: Late reactor who freely lets opponents release from the line of scrimmage and immediately loses a half a step off the snap. Not decisive, quick out of his backpedal and hesitant when the ball is in the air. Does more hitting than actual wrap up tackling.

ANALYSIS: A cornerback prospect with excellent physical skills, Daniels must fine-tune the rough edges of his game to meet the expectations scouts have of him. Has experience at safety and could eventually develop into a center fielder at the next level.

PROJECTION: Early Fifth Round

Boomer said:
Daniels can play inside and out, is a guy Nick knows really well, is great value - Kiper said he should have been a 2. Good size. Nick is following the plan to the letter.

Hey I hope you are correct. Scouts on ESPN said the guy was too slow and should go 6 or 7.

twohype said:
Yep Hawthorne would have been a better pick:shakeno:

I'm not sure why you'd want to get D-lineman number 235235. I think we are stocked up well there. We probably just got our next safety, and since Saban coached him, it is a very risk free, good pick.

"doubt it. he was the best CB left IMO."

he is also about the 75th CB drafted... the guy may turn out to be a great pickup, but most teams seeking a CB have drafted one by now. it is quite possible he wouldve been there later.

dolphinheel said:
Boomer do you think we will go center with our next pick? I thought McKinney was the worst player on our O-line last year.

Depends on value and how the board stacks up mate

dolphinheel said:

Here's hoping Wilkerson is still there in the 5th.

Back
Top Bottom