[MERGED] Tribute & Thanks Thread to Zach Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Tribute & Thanks Thread to Zach Thomas

jg772006

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Thomas,

It is arguably one of the saddest days ever for all Miami Dolphin fans everywhere. To me, it is the second saddest day in Dolphin history (the first is when Dan the Man retired). I said a while back in one of my threads that I started that I would cry my eyes on the day you retire or leave the Dolphins. Well guess what? I am crying right now while I type this up. I never thought I would see this day, but it was bound to come.

On behalf of all Miami Dolphin fans everywhere, we want to thank you for all that you have done for the Miami Dolphin franchise. You have undoubtedly been the heart, soul, and leader of this franchise for the last 12 years. You have been an extreme role model to your team, community, and your fans. You proved your excellence on and off the field. Most important of all, you have been a class act. You were never a talker or a bragger. You always let your play do the talking. You never had to juice up like Shawn Merriman, never had to make ridiculous commercials like Brian Urlacher, and you never had to pick up grass and do a stupid dance, or murder someone to get attention like Ray Lewis. If I was starting a football team right now, you would be my LBs coach because you personified the way a LB should truly play.

You have left us so many memories that us Dolphin fans can look back on with large smiles:
- Your 20 tackle, 3 goal-line stops game against Atlanta in 2001
- Your Neil O’ Donnell INT return for a TD against Tennessee in 2001 on opening day
- Your thunderous hit on Jets RB Cedric Houston long the sideline in 2005
- Your thunderous hit on Jets WR Laverneous Coles in 2006 on Christmas night where you were wrongly fined.

With the 1996 AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year award, a team defensive record of 7 Pro Bowl selections, and 2 NFL Alumni Association LB of the Year Awards, there is no doubt in my mind or anyone else’s mind that you have left your mark in the history of the Miami Dolphins. I hope you do not go on to play again, and do what Dan Marino did…and that is retire a Miami Dolphin. I do not want your legacy to be tarnished because you worked to hard to have it ruined. If you decide to play again, I don’t care who you play for, as long as its not one of our divisional rivals. Any other team is fine, because you will always go down in history as Miami Dolphin.

In the near future, you surely will have you name put up in Dolphins Stadium on that Honor Roll with all the great Dolphin legends that have come before you…it is only appropriate that your name follows. Also there is no doubt in my mind, that some day, you will be enshrined in Canton because you deserve that just as much. And if it never comes, not only will it be a shame…it will be an injustice. Like Dan Marino, you do not need a ring to go down as one of the greatest LBs to ever play Zach. Your one of the greatest in my eyes, along with the eyes of many others.

With all that said, I want to thank you once again for all that you contributed to this franchise. You were…excuse me…you ARE one of the most popular Miami Dolphins of all time, and you will undoubtedly be missed for years to come. God Bless you Mr. Zachary Thomas, and thank you once again

jg772006

lets not forget about when his rookie year when knocked that dude from the patriots out...that was so awesome. good luck zach

What a disheartening day. I knew the rumors that Zach doesn't fit the mold of what Bill wants to do, but losing Zach is huge. He and JT were always two bright spots over these miserable seasons and always helped to keep hope alive! I can onl hope he comes back wth a restructured deal, but if not, any team that gets him will get a huge boost.

Good luck Zach, and thanks for all the great things you've done for us! And if you do go, we'll miss you!

I also would have liked to see him retire as a Dolphin, but if he can win a SB ring with a non-AFC East team I would be very happy for him. See you in Canton!!!! :woot:

Extremely well written/typed letter....Thank You again Zach for everything you've done for our and your Dolphins organization. i truly hope you do retire as a player,yet stay on as our LBs coach!!!!!!

Zach will be missed.I am wearing #54 right now to go to school.I will be sad that he is gone.You are 1 of my favorite Dolphins of all time.Good luck Thomas.Thanks for the memorys.:dolphins:

nice post. its definately a sad day for the fans. but lets remember too, this probably is a move for the better here. still sad to see him go

Very nice jg. I'm sad to see him go. You just have to trust that this is what's best for the team.

if you do go on to play Zach, I hope you remain healthy , and when you retire , that you go out with all the class and dignity that is you, we will miss you

He's the only player besides Dan that if he played for ANY other team I would root for him to win it all, of course we would have to be out of the running (which I'm sure won't be a problem for the next two years).Good Luck Zach looking forward to your HOF speech. Hey Bill he's the reason 6'4 250+ is only a measurement, Zach Thomas is the prototypical(sp) LB / NFL leader to lead any club.I hope if he plays he goes to Indy, then NE can kiss any chance of another SB run anytime soon cheating or not.

Back
Top Bottom