Merged: Upshaw dares owners to opt out / NFL Strike | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Upshaw dares owners to opt out / NFL Strike

I can see it now...Miami is 8-0 heading into November, the talk of the town, and boom....strike hits.

I could see that occurring, however in that event the league should play hard ball and bring in scabs.

These players are over paid.

Way over paid babies!! I make less then 40K a year & I'm not complaining! But we have these guys who will hold out from a 28mil contract to get a 33mil one. It is the thing I hate about the NFL the most.

First and foremost, they better figure out a Rookie salary cap. That is a huge factor in pushing all other salaries through the roof

I am presonally getting pretty upset in hearing the rediculous amounts of money some of these guys are hauling in. If they cant handle being ovenight millionaires, screw every single one of em...

Just my 2cents worth

You're exactly right AZ...er...Lobo...

Jamarcus Russel comes in and makes money up there with Tom Brady.

Way over paid babies!! I make less then 40K a year & I'm not complaining! But we have these guys who will hold out from a 28mil contract to get a 33mil one. It is the thing I hate about the NFL the most.
Yeah, it's really a shame.

Not every player is like that. Gene Upshaw is the head of this whole thing, hate him more then anyone else.

You're exactly right AZ...er...Lobo...

Jamarcus Russel comes in and makes money up there with Tom Brady.

It really comes into perspective this year I guess.

The first player taken overall is going to be making more than 60% of the existing players in the league...it is absolute CRAZY money

1- rookies are overpaid
2- other players who are good in the NFL are underpaid

rookies get so much guaranteed money, it's ridiculous, it's that simple ( the first 10 rookies )

good vets though ARE underpaid, even if the vast majority of us people think the opposite:
"he's paid 7 millions per season and he's still crying, what an Ahole" and blablabla ...

sorry but I study in economics, and the numbers don't lie. I don't know them exactly, but your talking about franchises that a worth a billion or little less, they make ridiculously high revenues and have 100 million, with maybe another 10 million for the coaches to pay per year in salaries ... who generate benefits for the company ? the players ! and what do they get ? I don't know the exact number, but i'm pretty sure it isn't even at 50% of the share and still some think they are overpaid at times when in reality, it is the owner and share-holders who are laughing with their pockets full

i may get flamed for this comment but it is the unsung reality us average joes often don't realize

Well let 'em hold out. Many of these guys don't hav etheir money invested in other ventures, or hav entourages for their entourage etc. Then again some do.

The owners on the other hand has a lot of money invested in other ventures.

The union as powerful as it is doesn't exist w/o the NFL not the other way around. And Goddell will play hardball I bet. The union is in a kicking fight with a longer legged man.

I know its not all the players. There are players that take salary cuts to get better people on their team. Like Tom Brady, I dislike him alot but I respect him for taking a salary cut to help his team. When was the last time you have seen a Dolphin player do that??? If you make 4 mil a year for 5 years why the hell do you need 38 mil more for 3 more years?? I know they have to look out for themselfs but they are the ones who complain that their team isn't winning. There are people out there that damn well deserve more $$ then these guys. And yes F*** Gene Upshaw!!!
Not every player is like that. Gene Upshaw is the head of this whole thing, hate him more then anyone else.

1- rookies are overpaid
2- other players who are good in the NFL are underpaid

rookies get so much guaranteed money, it's ridiculous, it's that simple ( the first 10 rookies )

good vets though ARE underpaid, even if the vast majority of us people think the opposite:
"he's paid 7 millions per season and he's still crying, what an Ahole" and blablabla ...

sorry but I study in economics, and the numbers don't lie. I don't know them exactly, but your talking about franchises that a worth a billion or little less, they make ridiculously high revenues and have 100 million, with maybe another 10 million for the coaches to pay per year in salaries ... who generate benefits for the company ? the players ! and what do they get ? I don't know the exact number, but i'm pretty sure it isn't even at 50% of the share and still some think they are overpaid at times when in reality, it is the owner and share-holders who are laughing with their pockets full

i may get flamed for this comment but it is the unsung reality us average joes often don't realize

Well the current collective bargaining agreement has well over half of the total revenues generated going towards the players in various forms. Numbers don't lie..........and I'm not getting into the "lies, dam lies and statistics" argument here.

Now that is funny!!!
Well let 'em hold out. Many of these guys don't hav etheir money invested in other ventures, or hav entourages for their entourage etc. Then again some do.

The owners on the other hand has a lot of money invested in other ventures.

The union as powerful as it is doesn't exist w/o the NFL not the other way around. And Goddell will play hardball I bet. The union is in a kicking fight with a longer legged man.

Well the current collective bargaining agreement has well over half of the total revenues generated going towards the players in various forms. Numbers don't lie..........and I'm not getting into the "lies, dam lies and statistics" argument here.

if that is true, I still think they are paid at the fair price...even if it went up to 60-70 % you have a link for that ?

don't forget that the NFL is making more and more revenues with their international projects, the market is getting huge

Back
Top Bottom