Merged: Vernon Carey is a Miami Dolphin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vernon Carey is a Miami Dolphin

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Vernon Carey is a Miami Dolphin

I'm surprised that we traded up to get him. The pick makes sense. It is a bit of a reach, but he fills our biggest need.

Good pick overall. Not much else we could do with most of our top picks gone already(Andrews, Clayton). Versatile OL so he can fill just about any position on our line.

did we really need to tradeup??
well we have versatility now

I think it's a good pick considering. Here's a bio I found:

"A two-year starter and third team All-American, Carey is a massive prospect with the versatility to play right tackle and both guard positions. He has outstanding strength and plays with a mean streak. He is a devastating run blocker and moves exceptionally well for his size. Impressive in pass protection, Carey has good balance and agility. Though fundamentally sound, he will need to sharpen his technique to succeed in the NFL. He has to improve his footwork and learn to use his hands better. Nonetheless, he is projected to be the top guard of the '04 class and should start immediately. Similar in stature to Leonard Davis, Carey will most likely play right guard. Although he has played every position on the line but center, he is neither as tall as a prototypical tackle nor as swift as a traditional pulling guard. He will provide an instant upgrade to any offense that stresses inside running"

I hope the Vikings kissed us after they ****ed us.

I'm really pissed off about this. Spielman still gets his honeymoon, but he'd better hope that Carey is everything he thinks he is. Otherwise, next year is going to be very hostile.

I'm guessing we moved up because another team (Patriots??) were also wanting to trade with the Vikings. We gave up a 4th by the way

we better justve given our 7th, rick whatd you do??

Kiper seemed to think we were selecting him to play RT, not RG.....

He was likely our third rated OT on the board. NE was rumored to like him....

a 4th, thats a jason taylor that couldve passed, a 4th round is valuable

well, Carey better be able to block...

Hey RS, what happened to BPA? Pats just took Wilfork, Carey better be able to block, we're gonna need it...

Back
Top Bottom