Merged: Vernon Carey is a Miami Dolphin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vernon Carey is a Miami Dolphin

Unless Carey is Pro-Bowler in his 1st or 2nd year, Spielman is goddamn idiot. I am not happy rght now. With Steven Jackson available, we probably had a few trade-down possibilities.

a 4th round??!!, it hurts!!

damn vikings!! :mad:

I really believe that this team needs adult supervision during their drafts.
This team gives up picks like a damn kid gives up quarters at an arcade.
A 4th round pick to jump 1 lousy spot in the draft!

I just can't take it.

Worst case scenario is that if New England jumped in front of us for Carey then you actually have a guard available that is rated above Carey in Smiley.
:rolleyes:

I would have liked to have seen them trade down and pick up more picks and at the least stay put! Giving up picks again. :shakeno:

Carey is a good player but we may have given up potential to add a quality player by again losing picks and for what? An arguably equal graded guy would be there for the pick we had.

Vernon Carey???? damn....

Is it me, or does it seem Rick Speilman panics too much??? first he pulls the trigger on Feeley for a 2nd rd pick...then, Im guessing he sees Clayton and Andrews go, so he panics and pulls a trade for Carey that sends our 1st & 4th for ONE spot! (this knowing the Dumb a$$ Vikings always screw up in the draft, heh, we did them a favor this year) ......

Although i think Carey is a solid pick, I think he was a bit of a reach and he Definetly aint worth no 1st & 4th!!!! I dont like the move....i mean we couldve waited to see if someone else was dumb enough to want to move up one spot (like Patriots)....I seriously thought the Browns were dumb but i spoke to soon...we practically pulled a similar move.... :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

I guess we can look at it this way, We do have Wansted as our Head Coach (and probably the dumbest coach in the NFL)...but i thought Speilman was better than this....honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody agrees we needed an o-lineman. So it was a good pick, he's pretty solid and can play RT or RG right away. I'm content with this.

I'm physically ill that this team has a terrible FO.

We traded up to get a slow, lazy, fat G.

I hurt inside.

What a joke Spielman gives up a 4th rounder to move up 1 spot.He should have moved down or stayed there at 20.Spielman could have moved down and take Smiley or Snee.Plus what happened to BPA Spielman said he would take?Spielman should have taken DT Vince Wilfork.But instead the Pats get Vilfork
I give Spielman a D just for the fact he reached for a player and gave up a 4th round pick.

it´s not a bas pick
but why give away more picks?? :confused:

JAGFISH said:
Everybody agrees we needed an o-lineman. So it was a good pick, he's pretty solid and can play RT or RG right away. I'm content with this.

Your missing the whole point here.
Of course we needed to adress the OL.

We gave up a pick to jump 1 spot when 2 equally graded OL were available.
How can I make this easy to understand.....
2 players equally graded and you have 1 of the next 2 picks= you'll get one of those 2 players WITHOUT GIVING UP ANYTHING!

Some of you guys are going to be critical regardless. That's fine; that's your right. We got the guy who most experts ranked 3rd best OL. If Carey is considered a reach then Smiley even more so.
Seems to me he was the safe (and logical) pick.

The fact is, it is a bad pick. Many players were rated WAY higher than Carey. I think most of us watched Carey the last few years and he was not great at all. Good maybe, but not great. 1st round picks have to be great.

Brutal, just fu@#!ng brutal

Well I guess Carey was the highest rated lineman on their list...and from what Speilman said in the interview 2 teams were looking to trade up with the vikings to get carey. so Rick had to up the ante with the pick. It seems one of the other teams was the Pats, they offered their 4th so Rick had to one up them and offered our 4th (since it's a higher pick) so the Vikings took it.

I like Vernon, hopefully his ankle will be fine. Like some of you, I question giving up a 4th pick to move up one spot considering we don't have a 2nd and I believe we don't have a 5th either

Juice_56 said:
did we really need to tradeup??
well we have versatility now

That's what i didn't understand. carey would have been there at 20 cuz i don't think Minny would've taken him. They needed DE waay more, which they took. Don't know what we gave to move up a spot but hopefully it wasn't much. However, I am happy with the pick tho. He was one of the guys i had my eye on to grab then.

Back
Top Bottom