Merged: Vernon Carey is a Miami Dolphin | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vernon Carey is a Miami Dolphin

Surferosa said:
I have no problem with people that dont like the pick. But the EXTREME responses are whats so bizarre imo. OK we gave up a #4 pick. Does that mean were going 8-8?

No it means we're going 1-15. :D

Oliver...

Surferosa and ohall,

If you can actually substantiate those allegations that people have said we're going 8-8 or 1-15, do so now.

I think instead, what you're saying is that any extreme reaction to Dolphins news means that the reactor thinks the team is going to hell in a handbasket. That isn't the case. This is a message board. Emotions run high, and people take extreme positions in response to the extreme positions of others. Don't let any of that mislead you.

JJ, I hope they are right as well. I do think Wise is a high caliber Oline coach, and I thnik that the UM guys are top notch, with Kehoe being a top shelf oline guy. Couple that with Rick being ont he hot seat, and I thnk that they had a good and accurate read on what they thnk they were getting, or they wouldnt have gone the extra yard to get him. It does remain to be seen, but I think the pick stands a good chance of working out. I do think that overall, our Oline is now young, more athletic, and hungry.
DW sounded the most excited I ever remember him sounding which is nice as well....I think that it may spill over to the team. Ricky should be happy as well, as all of our new linemen are good run blockers.

Jimmy James said:
The fans you speak of are different people, and it's not right to lump them in together. The only thing that irked me about Moore was that he was not the BPA based on the best information I had at that point. A lot of people agreed with that, too. WR would have been fine with me. In fact, any position would have been fine with me. I just wanted value. That's what I always want in the draft.

All the more reason for the FO to ignore the fan's opinions and laugh at the 'experts' on any message forum. No matter what choice is made, a whole group of 'experts' will explain what they did wrong.

dorologio said:
GUYS- We got a 1st round worthy offense lineman. A damn good one. ITS WHAT WE NEEDED! Your all acting like we just drafted a cornerback with the first pick. Smiley is good, AS A SECOND OR THIRD ROUNDER!If NE traded with Minn., and drafted Carey, and we took Smiley at #20, THAT would have been a disaster. I can't wait, until we finally win a super bowl someday, because I'm SURE some of you will be *****ing and moaning about something the next day. I can see the thread already: YES THE PHINS WON THE SUPERBOWL;BUT ONLY BY 2TD's! THEY SUCK!

Get a grip on yourself and come back with a valid argument man.
These comebacks are tireing. Your comeback is that we got what we needed.

Yes we did by giving up another pick to move up one spot.
There was another Guard available that a majority of scouts have graded equal and many have graded higher than Carey.
However, in you infinite knowledge you claim that Smiley is a second or even third round talent with nothing but the beer in your lap to back up your claim. :rolleyes:
The question isn't about whether Carey is a good player. Can you understand that or is this too confusing a concept?
The question is giving up draft picks to move up 1 measely spot when 2 equally rated players are available.
This organization throws around draft picks like people do candy on Halloween!
The Patriots hoard draft picks and have built a solid team. You figure it out.

Your last about the super bowl is inane and dosen't even deserve to be addressed. Unreal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy James said:
Surferosa and ohall,

If you can actually substantiate those allegations that people have said we're going 8-8 or 1-15, do so now.

I think instead, what you're saying is that any extreme reaction to Dolphins news means that the reactor thinks the team is going to hell in a handbasket. That isn't the case. This is a message board. Emotions run high, and people take extreme positions in response to the extreme positions of others. Don't let any of that mislead you.

Give it a few days, some other frustrated GM will predict that. They do every year, it's bound to happen.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom