Merged: Vince Young | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vince Young

I would love to have V. Young, and I am changing my mind on his pro potential. I've seen him fit the ball into some tight spots and I've seen him make reads that I didn't think possible given the coaching he was getting at Texas. I tend to think he could be ready sooner rather than later.

OC and Young issues

I guess we can say goodbye to a qb? young seems to be leaning twoards heading back to tex due to the teams available in teh draft and the top 5 dont need a qb even tho NO will pick leinart over young unless he pulls an eli. Other issue is he will still be 2nd next year behind quinn.

Another source said miami can have mike martz as a good candidate if linehan leaves. if thats the case i am retiring as a dolphin. marts runs teh ball 10 times TOPS a dam* game! we alreayd have issues wiht scotty in that department. wasn't it the SB game where warner went to pass 16 straight times w/out a running play?

For all the things about Martz not running people seem to forget that Marshall Faulk had amazing seasons on the ground

And with Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Azahir Hakeem, Faulk catching passes, and Kurt Warner what plays would you call?

The man is an offensive Genious

When Marshall was running mad, Vermeil was stepping on Martz and telling him to feed the studs.

I have a high opinion of Martz as a coordinator. He IS an offensive genius. If he likes to pass the ball too much, I think Vermeil at least showed that the offense can come out on top anyway if the head coach forces him to get the ball to the star runner. That said, it would be stupid to keep Ricky and Ronnie around while Mike was our OC. We'd have to trade Ricky to the highest bidder and start working on getting a QB that can run Martz' offense. We would also have to switch gears as far as what kind of QB we look for, because Martz likes a strong arm but his offense is the equivalent of the Saban/Belichick defense...which is to say he needs a really really intelligent QB to run it. We'd basically have to revamp the QB position. Frerotte gone, Sage gone, Cleo gone...

Charlie Baggett would be the dude that ends up running this offense if Scott leaves. He's very familiar with the playbook from his days in Minnesota and in Miami, and this is the second time he's held the title of assistant head coach under Nick Saban.

The guy who could run that offense perfectly is David Carr. However, with Reggie Bush and Davis do they really want Martz?

Heres a question

IF Martz somehow ended up as our O-coordinator do we sign Kurt Warner?

I dont really want Warner but its just a question since he knows Martz offense

Alex22 said:
Heres a question

IF Martz somehow ended up as our O-coordinator do we sign Kurt Warner?

I dont really want Warner but its just a question since he knows Martz offense

Warner's in Arizona for the intermediate term and he's not a free agent. Plus, Martz and Warner don't get along anymore.

ckparrothead said:
Warner's in Arizona for the intermediate term and he's not a free agent. Plus, Martz and Warner don't get along anymore.

I thought Warner signed a 1 year contract?

Alex22 said:
I thought Warner signed a 1 year contract?

sources say they are going to resign him. they like him a lot and his chemistry with teh WR tandem.

Vince Young Is Leaning Toward Staying In School And Its Not Cool

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2280007
I JUST READ HERE THAT VINE MIGHT STAY IN SCHOOL THAT WOULD STINK FOR US WHETHER U WANT US TO GET HIM OR NOT IF U WANTED US TO GET HIM AND HE DOESNT COME OUT THATS BAD. BUT IF WE WE GUNNIN FOR CUTLER OF SOME ONE ELSE ITS BAD TO BECAUSE THEIR VALUE WILL GO UP SINCE THEY WILL BE THE SECOND BEST QB. ALSO THATS ANOTHER PICK A HEAD OF US THAT MAY BE USED TO DRAFT A GOOD DE, CB, OL, OR LB AND OUR WEAKNESS THAT STINKS.: COMMENTS:dolphins:

I dont think Miami would draft him anywhere. The Michael Vick type one-checkdown and then run offense has not taken the league by storm. I dont think Saban is going to convert to the option offense if Linehan leaves, either.

He needs to stay in school if he wants any chance of being successful in the NFL. He really needs another year to work on his passing skills some more. Coming out would be a mistake for him, IMO. I wouldn't want Miami to draft him anyway. I seriously doubt Saban has given him any thought.

All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

Back
Top Bottom