Merged: Vince Young | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vince Young

060693 said:
Vince Young is a freak of nature at the college level. But his game will not translate to the NFL level. You can not run option out of the shotgun position and throw out of the shot gun position and run right out of the shotgun position for all 60 minutes of football at the NFL level. He was entertaining to watch and I was rooting for him, but after watching him play, I am now conviced that his game is meant for college or the CFL. They tried the run and shoot in the NFL and the linebackers and corners werer too fast and physical in the 80's let alone in this new century.

the team that gets him will have YEARS to right his wrongs, at least 3 years downtime and 1 year to get playing time under his belt...4 years before you hear vince young's name being any good...

060693 said:
I am not denying his athleticism; I said he was a freak of nature, what more do you want me to say. But in the NFL they have premium players crem de la crem at every position, and USC can not claim that this year on defense. Sorry, anyone that would draft vince young in the first round go ahead, but I garuntee you that Rany Mueller saw the same gaps in his game. HE ran the entire offense out of shotgun position, and if the pass was not there on the first read he ran right, he did not do this on one play or several plays, he did it the whole game. THe DE's in the NFL are to fast and the Weakside linebackers are too quick, you think he can do that against Carolina, or the Bears, or the Steelers and the Patriots, or the Giants. That is who he will be playing against not USC.

And the Dolphins like most teams use the shotgun....even Sage used it to win a game. If Vick can run against those defense's....so can Young....except unlike Vick....who weighs 200 lbs....Young weighs 235....and he'll gain as he gets in the NFL. His future is ahead of him.

leinart still has more championships and a heisman and more wins and better stats. he's clearly better than young, even though young is a great college QB

PhinSoldia said:
the team that gets him will have YEARS to right his wrongs, at least 3 years downtime and 1 year to get playing time under his belt...4 years before you hear vince young's name being any good...

4 years....LOL.

After that performance he could make a strong push for number 1 overall.

If Linehan goes to Texans he could end up going after Young. They already have Dominick Davis and we all know the type of QB Linehan likes.

CBA kicks in next year too which could even yield him a lower contract. If he is smart he should avoid what happend to Leinhart. He won MVP in the BCS Championship game that should be enough.

But after thinking about this since the game I hope he doesnt come out. If he stays the Jets won't get Leinhart or Bush. If he does come out they could get Young and maybe Leinhart. I would rather them end up with someone like DaBrickshaw or AJ Hawk

Vince Young best Qb for Phins

When you talk about talent, size, arm and intangibles Young is what Vick aspires to be. 30 of 40 267 yards passing and 200 yards rushing. Some please tell me how he would not be an improvement over Gussy. Clearly the best player on the field tonight with two heisman trophy winner's facing him. Only problem is he may go top 3 after this performance. If he comes out and has a good combine which I have no doubt he will, there is little that can truly be said bad about him. For those that think he just a running QB he did throw 40 passes and completed 75%.

also someone tell Matt Leinhart when you lose the game you are no longer the champions okay lol.

Dude I was never sold on ALex Smith for the very same reason. Alex Smith was part of a weak QB draft, San Fran filled the position out of need and definelty did not take the best player available. I think Leinarts learning curve is smaller than Youngs just because he has played a pro style for 3 years, and by the way Matt had himself a pretty damn good game today against a very fast pro style texas defense also.

kastofsna120 said:
leinart still has more championships and a heisman and more wins and better stats. he's clearly better than young, even though young is a great college QB

Save that stuff....if not for Bush....USC wouldn't have been there to begin with. Young has better stat's and like it or not....was the better QB on that field.

Wanna bet if Young comes out....he goes before Leinart?

Yeah. Young has a HUGE amount of potential. He could be a superstar in the NFL. But I think he will have to develop for a few years.

Leinart is a winner. He wants to win all the time. I think he will make a bigger impact for a team sooner.

Young first Overall!

Texans will let Carr go and they will Draft Vince Young, he will go back to his hometown.... After tonights bowl I dont think either Bush or Lienart go 1st

fishypete said:
Save that stuff....if not for Bush....USC wouldn't have been there to begin with. Young has better stat's and like it or not....was the better QB on that field.

Wanna bet if Young comes out....he goes before Leinart?
bush wasn't there in the 2nd half except for one play. leinart had a GREAT half against texas's great defense

lol, i know he will. hype is a funny thing. GMs are dumb

mcteems said:
Yeah. Young has a HUGE amount of potential. He could be a superstar in the NFL. But I think he will have to develop for a few years.

Leinart is a winner. He wants to win all the time. I think he will make a bigger impact for a team sooner.

Who would you want on a team with a lousy O-line....and no Reggie Bush? Now picture the Texans.

FinAtic8480 said:
Texans will let Carr go and they will Draft Vince Young, he will go back to his hometown.... After tonights bowl I dont think either Bush or Lienart go 1st

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kastofsna120 said:
bush wasn't there in the 2nd half except for one play. leinart had a GREAT half against texas's great defense

lol, i know he will. hype is a funny thing. GMs are dumb

Just can't eat that crow....eh?

Back
Top Bottom