Merged: Vince Young | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vince Young

i was a big time doubter of Young but no words can describe his game tonight, i dont know if that trade is worth the risk, but Vince Young in Miami would be sweet!

All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

Vince Young

I was not a believer. I always said that he still needed more time to develop. But after tonights game I'm sold on Vince Young. We need to trade up to get this guy the second he says he's coming out for the draft. Just imagine Vince and Ronnie/Ricky in the backfield.

Nick, if you're reading this, this guy can get us a Super Bowl.

Vince Young is so good that he makes mack brown look good and that says alot coming from a coach who has never been able to win the big game. Sure his game might not translate into the pro level but you have to take a chance on someone who was blessed with so much raw talent.

Vince Yound is a great college player but not the NFL

Vince Young is a freak of nature at the college level. His game will not translate at the NFL level. You can not run the option out of the shotgun position / pass from the shotgun position / run draws out of the shotgun position at the NFL level. IT was called the run and shoot in the 80's and it failed. THe defenses are too fast and big now adays. ALl the passes that he completed were from his first read. He is definetly and exciting player to watch, I was rooting for him but his style is meant for college or the CFL; if he stays another year and learns to command his offense from center and starts to hit his 2nd and 3rd read then you know he is ready.

Nick is probably looking you up right now to hire you to the staff.j/k, but i agree he completely changed my mindset on him

Hello Everyone!

WharfRat

060693 said:
Vince Young is a freak of nature at the college level. But his game will not translate to the NFL level. You can not run option out of the shotgun position and throw out of the shot gun position and run right out of the shotgun position for all 60 minutes of football at the NFL level. He was entertaining to watch and I was rooting for him, but after watching him play, I am now conviced that his game is meant for college or the CFL. They tried the run and shoot in the NFL and the linebackers and corners werer too fast and physical in the 80's let alone in this new century.

I hope your one of the 15 NFL Gms in front of us come draft day.

PhinsPhan said:
Clutch performer
Makes smart decisions
Great Leader
Great Arm
Amazing athleticism

467 total yards in offense in the biggest game of his life

If he entered the draft all that would do is give us a shot at Cutler.

Which is why i am happy his performance gives us a better chance at getting Cutler;)

060693 said:
Vince Young is a freak of nature at the college level. His game will not translate at the NFL level. You can not run the option out of the shotgun position / pass from the shotgun position / run draws out of the shotgun position at the NFL level. IT was called the run and shoot in the 80's and it failed. THe defenses are too fast and big now adays. ALl the passes that he completed were from his first read. He is definetly and exciting player to watch, I was rooting for him but his style is meant for college or the CFL; if he stays another year and learns to command his offense from center and starts to hit his 2nd and 3rd read then you know he is ready.

Since you copied your post I will copy mine,

I hope your one of the 15 GMs in front of us come draft day.

The thing is everyone on this site is all hot after Cutler. He had an alrite year at Vanderbilt and yes he did not have the weapons, but come on the people on this site make him sound like the second coming of Peyton Manning. Vince Young has done it for the last two years against some of the best competition in college football and tonight proved he can do it with his arm and feet. It is time to give the guy some credit and stop all this bull about making him a receiver. The guy can flat out play quarterback and can throw and run the ball. Why do we feel that every black quarterback should switch positions, I thought we were past that. Young will be a way better pro than Cutler and may even be better than any quarterback drafted the last two years.

Back
Top Bottom