Merged: Vince Young | Page 85 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vince Young

Just my opinion, but your poll might be more meaningful and attract less criticism if one of your responses wasn't so biased (using the descriptor, "sucky") and if you would have presented more options. However, nice effort.

As it reads, I would stick with option #2 as I do not think trading away almost an intire draft would pay off in the long run. The Dolphins have too many holes to fill and need depth. This I believe can be best accomplished through solid draft picks, wise free agency signing, and good salary cap management.

nopony said:
There is a huge difference between giving up your entire draft, like Ditka, and giving up 4 picks.

If the Texans would take that silly deal, Saban would take it in a nanosecond and laugh all the way to the superbowl.

Can u imagine our backfield with Reggie Bush, we would hire some old crusty college coach that remembers the wishbone. LOL

Double D said:
Why don't we give the Texans are 2,3,4,and5 round draft picks for there first round then get Vince Young:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

I don't think so dude :shakeno:

i agree channing is 1st rnd talent. but his injury questions and supposedly issues with his character dropped him. happens every year. guys drop because teams are scared of them. i know you know what im saying. there is great talent all threw each and every draft. thats a fact. whether or not a team or coach sees it or not, or maybe they do but get scared and pass. what. something like 26 teams passed on marino. pound for pound. you might find 1 other qb in that draft who was his equal. thats all.:tongue:

if my memory serves me right. i beleive 4 picks pretty much is our whole draft.

we used this years 5th last year on manny.
our 6th went to san diego.
but i think we have 2 7ths.
so basically would be 2 1st
and 2 7ths
if my memory serves correct

Double D said:
Why don't we give the Texans are 2,3,4,and5 round draft picks for there first round then get Vince Young:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Giving away the majority of our draft for one unproven QB is not the way to build a team for the future. Crowder was the 3rd and Daniels 4th round pick, both these guys were huge for us this year. Roth being a 2nd round pick might not have contributed as much but he played behind a stout bunch (Carter, Holliday, Bowens, Taylor...). M. Wright was a supplemental pick from this years draft, and he also looks promising. With Wanny at the helm trading these picks might not have been so bad, because he was so poor at evaluating talent and would have wasted most of these picks anyways. Saban has shown that you can get value from the entire draft and I would rather have those picks than give them up for a maybe.

so basically would be 2 1st
and 2 7ths
if my memory serves correct

I believe that's right.

But one of the firsts would be the number one.

Look, it's a silly poll... but for the opposite reason some are saying. It would be an absolute STEAL for the Dolphins. It's not even close to fair. The Texans would be the laughinstock of football if they made that deal.

Heck, we could turn around and trade it for TWICE as many picks, easy.

The 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th for number one overall would never happen only because the team with the first would want more. It would be a great trade if a team did take it because we would still have our first. I would trade away Danials, Crowder, Roth and Alabi for a Carson Palmer.

Just not this year's injured Palmer lol

well. i cant agree there. who knows maybe young or leinart would turn out great maybe not. but it seems to me ''titanium hairdo'' johnson, built almost an entire dallas team by giving the vikes walker. i know we arent talking about giving our draft for another free agent. but walker was considered to be a great player.

or ditka throwingaway his draft for ricky. i dont think that worked out to well for him.
i have a ? do you have an example were this worked out great for a team?

i also have another ? how do you guys make the quote that you want to respond to appear above your post? ya know what im talking about? it shows up blue above your post

Double D said:

you would have to give up atleast 2 first rounders this years & next plus an 2nd a 3rd this year

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:
i also have another ? how do you guys make the quote that you want to respond to appear above your post? ya know what im talking about? it shows up blue above your post

on the bottom right hand corner of each post is a button that says Quote just click it on whichever post you want to respond to :dolphins:

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:

Hit the quote button at the bottom of the persons post. Are you in the armed forces, or are you from Iraq?

Back
Top Bottom