MERGED: We signed Bryan Gilmore | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: We signed Bryan Gilmore

everardteach said:
You guys seem to forget that we need a PR on our roster. So far we don't have it besides Simmons and Wilkins. Russell should make this team as the KR/3rd RB but has not been used as a PR. He has natural returning abilities due to his finesse running style but has shown disability in PR duties in practice. If Gilmore can return punts better than these two I see him making this team. I really don't think he will though. I am really hard pressed to say Tolver or Bellamy will due to the fact they don't have returning ability. Look for Simmons to be retained due to experience and return abiities and if he shows he can play with his bum ankle.

Bellamy returned punts as a sophomore when he was a backup WR. He averaged 11 yards per on 27 returns. Maybe we should give him a chance.

Gilmore never returned punts for Az, so it is doubtful how much help he'd be in that role. He could possibly be a good gunner on coverage units though. He's fast and has good size.

If Sulliven thinnks he is worth a shot in some capacity, that is fine with me. Might be nice to have a speed demon as situational 4th guy or something, on top of returning kicks with Russell.

I hope this guy is'nt another Yatil Green. But since he's actualy played in NFL games I guess we can't make that comparison.

**********big News************

staight out of espn...we signed Bryan Gilmore I don't have any link because it just happened minutes ago. He is one of the fastest wr's in the league and could be our kr man when russell gets hurt

**********OLD NEWS************ It's been reported already.

The guy has track star speed, he'll make the team. Hopefully he wont be like McKnight, another WR who had blazing speed but never seemed to catch a deep pass. However, he did drop big passes and fumble. God, I really hated McKnight.

Back
Top Bottom