MERGED: We signed Bryan Gilmore | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: We signed Bryan Gilmore

Jimmy James said:
Does anybody know right off if Gilmore was there when Sullivan was?
YES, he was there at the same time. Gilmore was there from 2000-04, but did not get much PT until last year.

He has just a good a chance as Tolver, Wilkins, Simmons, & Bellamy. Wilkins has a slim chance because he's been hurt most of camp. Tolver, Simmons, & Bellamy(if they don't make the roster) will be waived & rotated on the practice squad.

Not bad, picking this guy up for nothing. I do like Bellamy though. This guy could be a PS player at the least.

SMadison29 said:
He has just a good a chance as Tolver, Wilkins, Simmons, & Bellamy. Wilkins has a slim chance because he's been hurt most of camp. Tolver, Simmons, & Bellamy(if they don't make the roster) will be waived & rotated on the practice squad.
Wilkins is on life support with this team and so is Tolver. I think both of those players are here for only a few more days. They will be gone by next week(Tolver may be held onto a little longer since he was a draft pick).

The Cards are hurting at wideout too. Boldin and B.Johnson are out for a while and Fitzgerrald is dinged up and they cut this guy? How good can he be??

You have to wonder why he was cut by Arizona. Is it that their WR's are superior? Boldin is hurt, Fitzgerald is a rookie, Johnson has been labeled a bust, and Nate Poole is also unproven. Maybe they all stepped it up or maybe he couldn't cut it. I hope he plays good enough to make the team but we shall seen.

Spinelord said:
camp fodder-can't have enough-better than trading for another receiver
Normally I would agree, but honestly who would he have to beat out to make the team? Tolver?..Wilkins?..Simmons? Are those guys better than camp fodder? Not to me, they ain't.

Are you intrigued by the fact that he's only 25, has started in the NFL AND has played under Sullivan. To me, that makes him more than "fodder".

We shall see...he has 2 weeks..make 'em count.

Gladsadmad said:
Normally I would agree, but honestly who would he have to beat out to make the team? Tolver?..Wilkins?..Simmons? Are those guys better than camp fodder? Not to me, they ain't.

Are you intrigued by the fact that he's only 25, has started in the NFL AND has played under Sullivan. To me, that makes him more than "fodder".
I agree. We are set with our top 4 Chambers/Booker/Freeman/Thompson. Finding that 5th WR just has not been easy, though Bellamy has showen signs(against 3rd string defenses though) and Gilmore has at least played and even started NFL games.

Who says Thompson is set? I haven't seen anything in the camp reports or the first two games that Thompson has improved any from last year. If those of you who have been to camp have seen differently, please fill us in.

If Gilmore can get familiar with our offense quickly, I could potentially see him and Freeman flipping between #3 and #4 depending on whether a matchup requires a speed or possession WR.

phinfan2003 said:
You have to wonder why he was cut by Arizona. Is it that their WR's are superior? Boldin is hurt, Fitzgerald is a rookie, Johnson has been labeled a bust, and Nate Poole is also unproven. Maybe they all stepped it up or maybe he couldn't cut it. I hope he plays good enough to make the team but we shall seen.

Anyone who labeled Johnson a bust already would be jumping the gun imo. Green seems to have high hopes for him, but is out with a stress fracture in his foot.
Now, with the big 3 out, the Cards are starting Nate Poole, Karl Williams and Kevin Kasper. They waived Gilmore to make room for two new WRs they claimed off waivers, Scotty Anderson and Lawrence Hamilton. I read that they have made ten roster moves in the past week. I guess Green is trying to find his kind of players.

I like what we've seen of Bellamy and right now he'd be my favorite for the 5th WR role. If Gilmore can show more than Bellamy, then he'll have earned a spot on the team.

Back
Top Bottom