Merged: Will Norv Take HC Job?/Whos next ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Will Norv Take HC Job?/Whos next ?

Will he take at and work for Davis?

• Yes

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters
I he is offered the job and decides to take it, is he under contract? can he just pack up and leave. Do they have any responsabilities to the fins???

Originally posted by Le Dolfan
I he is offered the job and decides to take it, is he under contract? can he just pack up and leave. Do they have any responsabilities to the fins???
once we gave him permission to talk to the Faiders, he can leave for them

Originally posted by dolphan39
once we gave him permission to talk to the Faiders, he can leave for them

Actually, he didn't even need permission. Coordinators are allowed to interview for any head coaching position regardless of of their contract status or how their current team feels. Asking permission is simply a way for teams to maintain amicable relationships with one another (although this doesn't always apply in the case of the Rayturds.)

Coordinators/assistant coaches do need permission to interview elsewhere if they're interviewing for anything less than a HC position.

Cranx...i think you might be wrong...here's a clip from an article...originally i thought what you said but this article made me think differently...i think you need permission now!!!

"New NFL guidelines also limit the opportunity to get coaches from other teams. Under rules altered this season, teams have the power to deny requests from other teams to interview assistants even if the job is considered a promotion."

Here is the link:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7775946.htm

cranx...sorry...i just read the bottom of your post...

"even if the job is considered a promotion"

Re: Who next!

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
If Norv goes who should we go after and who is avaliable b/c I think he is as good as gone. :cool:

In L Pasquarelli's recent column, he has predicted that Jimmy Raye (Jets offensive assistant) would be the person the Dolphins would most likely seek to replace N Turner ...

Raye is on the list to be interviewed for the qb coach position but the jest f-o has denied the Phins permission to talk with him ...

Link
_____

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1716160

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom