Merged: Will Norv Take HC Job?/Whos next ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Will Norv Take HC Job?/Whos next ?

Will he take at and work for Davis?

• Yes

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters
if he's offered the job he'll take it... but i don't think he'll be offered the job. al davis really wants romeo cremell.... he is just stalling by interviewing random people.

Originally posted by RMXO
if Norv was smart he would wait til the end of next season to see if DW is still around. why go somewhere crappy like the Raiders when the fins are a better organization.
why do they have a head coach anyway, davis calls the shots!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ajdoggie
Who would take his place?

Yes, this is the more important question. The only OC off hand that I can think of is Fassel.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Yes, this is the more important question. The only OC off hand that I can think of is Fassel.
i just watch the games, glad i don't have to get em going. i wouldn't have a clue who to go with!:(

Originally posted by SMadison29

as i stated in another post...
watched way too many boring giants games here 5 minutes from the stadium and a family full of their fans...

They LOATHED fassels play calling, and i can atest to the fact that it was awful. Just check the redzone numbers(haven't seen them, but they MUST be awful just from the games i've seen), we should NOT want him here, i promise you that.

He wastes more drives than any coach i know, and he wasted a really talented offensive unit last year.

Norm Chow from USC would be great. As a more likely option. Hmmm.

I would have said Callahan but he took the Nebraska job. McGinnis was a D-Coordinator I think. Maybe whoever was the old Packers O-Coordinator under Holmgren in the mid 90s. It wasn't Sherman, he was TE coach.

i don't know. why would anyone take on that much stress? callahan is a decent coach, gruden is agressive. i don't think norv has the mentality that it takes to be a raider. they'll eat him alive, then he would be asking for an OC job in nebraska...uuugggg. the job has already been turned down. davis may not offer, but i think if it is offered norv has unfinished business here and would turn it down.

Norv's been around the league a long time and he knows the Raiders situation very well so I'm quite sure he's not flying out to Jokeland for nothing. If the job's offered to him I'd say it's about a 99.9% certainty that he'll take it.

Originally posted by hunter5nc1

I'm not familiar with those two but I do like like Arizona's coach but I'm not sure if he was a O cord or not

Gary Stevens was Marino's QB coach for many seasons. JJ made him the OC for 2 seasons when he was hired. He then fired him and replaced him with Kippy Brown, who was the RB coach. Just another way JJ suppressed Marino. Stevens' famous quote was "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****".

Back
Top Bottom