Merged: Will Norv Take HC Job?/Whos next ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Will Norv Take HC Job?/Whos next ?

Will he take at and work for Davis?

• Yes

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters
Clayton said on ESPN radio that Davis is offering something like 4 years for 5 mil dollars - which is not much more than Norv makes now. I doubt he will leave now when he is about to get some players

P.S. here is the latest...Norv Turner To Interview For Raiders Head Coach Position
"We granted permission to the Raiders to talk to Norv," Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said. "I'm always supportive of anybody on our staff who has the opportunity to increase his coaching responsibilities."

Originally posted by relive1972

Gary Stevens was Marino's QB coach for many seasons. JJ made him the OC for 2 seasons when he was hired. He then fired him and replaced him with Kippy Brown, who was the RB coach. Just another way JJ suppressed Marino. Stevens' famous quote was "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****".

Great point relive1972.......JJ got rid a good man in Stevens cause he was a Shula/Marino guy and promoted his flunky Kippy Brown who was not qualified to be a OC and was only a yes man to JJ. Wanny following in JJ's footsteps. JJ taking away Marino's audible's killed our offense also.

Stevens was right - you had a hall of fame QB who you handcuffed and you tried to win by running the ball all the time with a group of RB's that were not NFL caliber starting RB's. What a shame..........best thing JJ ever did was build us a great Defense but he sure killed Marino's career at the end and destroyed our offense.

Originally posted by FINS2THERT
If Norv leaves, I would look at Norm Chow in a heartbeat.

As much as I would love to see this happen (although I'd hate to see USC lose him) I know it won't however, as Chow really seems to want a high profile HC gig in the college ranks.

I think Norv Won't be offered the job. I think this interview is window dressing to passify the fans until after the Super Bowl where Davis will go after and get Charlie Weiss from New England.

Talk about locker room cancer, and you could say the Raiders are the Mayo Clinic. I doubt Norv would take it unless he had serious money thrown his way.

Trestman was offered HC job at Cornell...; otherwise,
Among the coaches the Dolphins might consider are former Giants coach Jim Fassel, a former offensive coordinator with Denver and Arizona; Ernie Zampese, who mentored Turner early in Turner's career; and Southern California offensive coordinator Norm Chow, who helped lead the Trojans to a share of the national championship this season.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7775946.htm

You guys are forgetting that DW is still the coach. He'll stick with one of his guys so IMO he will make the safe and easy choice. He'll promote newly hired WR coach, ??? Sullivan who was OC at Arizona last year to be OC.

Don't know much about him but he did get the best out of Marcel Shipp & Bolden so he might be a good choice.

Originally posted by Jaj
Norm Chow from USC would be great. As a more likely option. Hmmm.

I love Norm Chow but he's not leaving USC. He's been offered countless jobs in the pros & has turned all of them down. Also at USC he's being paid like a head coach.

Back
Top Bottom