Merged: Winston Justice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Winston Justice

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Winston Justice should be our pick!

Offensive Tackle is the most consistent pick in the draft meaning the lowest probability of bust in round 1. Sure there are busts but far fewer than any other position.

MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY; Winston Justice is a beast. He can come in and start form day 1. He WILL be a pro bowler and will anchor our line for the next 10 years. Best thing is he is VERY versatile and can play either tackle position. That is very important in an O-linemen because in case of injury you can maximize the other player's ability since they don't have to play a specific position. For example if the coaching staff feels that Carey is better at LT than RT, there is no problem moving him to the left side because Justice can play the right. He would be able to play at a pro bowl level at almost any O-line position (excluding center). Obviously it would be best to have him at one of the tackle spots.

At USC he played RT because Leinart is a lefty so his blind side is the right. I'm not too worried about the character issues and hopefully those will allow him to slip to us. However I wouldn't be opposed to trading up for him.

i am not trading up for a lineman....if we need one we get the best on the bored because this draft is thick with good ones

then again my last name isnt Mueller or Saban

caneaddict said:
Offensive Tackle is the most consistent pick in the draft meaning the lowest probability of bust in round 1. Sure there are busts but far fewer than any other position.

MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY; Winston Justice is a beast. He can come in and start form day 1. He WILL be a pro bowler and will anchor our line for the next 10 years. Best thing is he is VERY versatile and can play either tackle position. That is very important in an O-linemen because in case of injury you can maximize the other player's ability since they don't have to play a specific position. For example if the coaching staff feels that Carey is better at LT than RT, there is no problem moving him to the left side because Justice can play the right. He would be able to play at a pro bowl level at almost any O-line position (excluding center). Obviously it would be best to have him at one of the tackle spots.

At USC he played RT because Leinart is a lefty so his blind side is the right. I'm not too worried about the character issues and hopefully those will allow him to slip to us. However I wouldn't be opposed to trading up for him.
what about eric winston[LT] of UM. he will probably go in the 2nd due to his coming back from injury.i watched him most of the year especially the miami-LSU game and nobody got thru on his watch.

madmike said:
what about eric winston[LT] of UM. he will probably go in the 2nd due to his coming back from injury.i watched him most of the year especially the miami-LSU game and nobody got thru on his watch.

on my mock, I have us taking him in the 2nd. It would be amazing if we got him

PhinSoldia said:
i am not trading up for a lineman....if we need one we get the best on the bored because this draft is thick with good ones

then again my last name isnt Mueller or Saban

He will be there, we won't have to trade up, I want cutler more, but it is how the pieces of the draft will fall together

umpalu said:
He will be there, we won't have to trade up, I want cutler more, but it is how the pieces of the draft will fall together

IF Cutler falls to us AND Saban feels that he can be a franchise QB then of course I would want a franchise QB over a franchise LT. However, it would be tough for me to imagine BOTH Arizona and Detroit passing on him if he projects as a potential franchise Quarterback because of how bad they need a QB.

If Saban doesn't think he has a shot at a franchise QB (either Cutler isn't available or Saban doesn't grade him out high enough) then Winston Justice HAS to be the next option (assuming he's available).

I haven't seen Cutler and so I can't grade him so I defer to Saban, but I have seen Justice and he's a mutliple pro bowl player.

It is starting to look more and more like our top pick could be a LT and the reason is simple.A LT could be the best player on the board at that time.I think the 3 QB's will be gone so I'd take Greenway but he could be gone too.I don't want a DB in the 1st round so a LT could realy be the pick.The question is which one? There're a few good ones this year and I trust that Nick will make the right pick if he takes one at 16.

Ozzy rules!!

madmike said:

Eric Winston of Miami, he didn't play tackle until his junior year in college. But he's great on his feet. Marcus Mcneil isn't that great against speed rushers and the spin move but still good. But I'd love to see miami get Eric Winston in the 2nd.

Mel Kiper had us drafting ....

OT Winston Justice, I saw it about 10 mins ago when I was watching Sportscenter.... I was wondering, is he any good..... I mean potential wise and stuff :dolphins: :dolphins:

Check the Draft Forum, Theres a big thread there from yesterday.

Wasn't he the sherriff in Smokey and the Bandit? "When I get home, I'm gonna punch 'yo Mama in the mouth". Same guy?

:roflmao:

I hope he "knows" that we're picking up our new starting QB in free agency then. Because, if we haven't picked up a starting Qb an use our #1 pick on an OT I'll go nutz!

BALLS DEEP said:
Wasn't he the sherriff in Smokey and the Bandit? "When I get home, I'm gonna punch 'yo Mama in the mouth". Same guy?

:roflmao:

I hope he "knows" that we're picking up our new starting QB in free agency then. Because, if we haven't picked up a starting Qb an use our #1 pick on an OT I'll go nutz!

buford t justice... aka jackie gleason ;)

Back
Top Bottom