Merged: WR Kevin Johnson cut by Browns! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: WR Kevin Johnson cut by Browns!

mikefan22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What do you think about this...!!

I just saw that cleveland released Kevin Johnson With our nice young recievers Tolver and Simmmons along with CC DT and Newson and him We wouldn't have to worry about it so much in the draft! Just a thought!!

WR Kevin Johnson cut by Browns!

I just saw on KFFL that Kevin Johnson was cut from the Browns today. For those of you who don't know much about him, he went as the 32nd overall pick in the 1999 draft and put up a 65+ rec, 980+ yd rookie season. He peaked in 2001 having 84 recepetions for 1000+ yds and 9 TD's.

So far this season, he's had 41 receptions for 381 yds and 2 TD's.

He started every game in every year of his career but just lost his starting job in Cleveland last week. I have no idea why they cut him.

Since both Derrius Thompson and James McKnight are stinking it up this season, I say we look in to getting Johnson. He is a great receiver.

What do you guys think?

He can't be any worse.

If he has a pulse, I would pursue signing him.

i think he was probably caught smoking some substance or something like that. it doesnt matter, he would not be of any benefit to us now. we need a LT/G/G/RT.

I'm not sold on him long-term, but I don't see why the Dolphins shouldn't give him a try for the rest of the season. Best case, he ignites the passing game. Worst case, he makes a bad situation worse and gets released again.

That said, doesn't he have to clear waivers? Wouldn't a team like say the Lions grab him in an instant?

Sign him Buffalo!...i don't care what he has done, anything to help our backwards-moving offense

What I'm saying is down the road like next year!Don't get me wrong I hope for better things this year as well! I just feel that with our o-line we have to work with what we got I don't see anyone out there to help us right now!

Kevin Johnson is not the best receiver on the Browns team. Dennnis Northcutt is the bet receiver on that team.

One of my favorite players in the NFL is Dennis Northcutt who is by far THE MOST UNDERRATED RECEIVER in the NFL who plays for the Browns. His contract is up at the end of the season and it doesn't appear the Browns are interested in re-sighing him because he's going to want more money. Northcutt wants "Kevin Johnson type money", and he desearves it. The Browns resigned Johnson last season to a 4-year extension worth $13.35 million and a $3.5 million sign on bonus. I really don't know how the Browns are going to release Johnson now. I really really really really, I can't express it enough, but I really hope the Dolphins pick up Dennis Northcutt more than anybody else coming out of free agency or the draft. The guy is UNBELIEVABLE, you throw it in his area and he'll do wonders. He also does kick returns, amazing reverses, and his speed is phenomenal.

Browns | Johnson Waived - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:14:58 -0800

ESPNews reports the Cleveland Browns waived WR Kevin Johnson.

SIGN HIS AZZ!

Back
Top Bottom