Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins

im not saying he will be the 4th guy, im just talking the level of guy you cut. He is probably better than Goodman or Allen from his time in the NFL . Neither Goodman or Allen have established themselves as good corners and a good game or two does not change that.

I do agree with this statement, however Allen is on his way to his best statistical year of his career, and, I see no reason to replace him. Sometimes a raw talent upgrade is not the end sum you think it will be.

I do agree with this statement, however Allen is on his way to his best statistical year of his career, and, I see no reason to replace him. Sometimes a raw talent upgrade is not the end sum you think it will be.

Just saying he has proven to be a very good corner in the past while jason Allen has not cracked the lineup in three years. I am all for signing Hall, Huff and keeping Allen.

Are you kidding me??? I live in Atlanta so I've had the "pleasure" of watching this guy play for a long time and believe me, he sucks. He's not a team guy and he bites too much on double moves. He's the poster boy for getting toasted. No thanks, I'll take Goodman and a developing Jason Allen.

I agree with you to an extent. I live in Atlanta as well and I've seen more than my fair share of D-Hall, since my brother is a Falcon's fan and I try to be supportive. Hall is a more physically gifted (athletic) version of Terrell Buckley, for those of you that remember T-Buck. He's a gambler and he'll get more than his fair share of INT's. He'll also infuriate you by getting burnt more often than he should. The biggest knock on him is his attitude. He's a malcontent. I'm not sure if a change of scenery would necessarily change that, and I don't know if I'm willing to find out at our expense. He's got tons of talent, is still very young, and I'm sure he'll be a Pro-Bowl corner for someone. I just don't know if the Dolphins should be the ones to take that chance.

more excuses for NOT bringing in PRO BOWL TALENT!!

how long untill some of you guys LEARN?

you have to PAY talent! and you dont go to back to back
pro bowls being a turnstyle as some have pegged him.

that atlanta thing over the last 4 years has been a JOKE
and ANYONE would have rebelled there.

and now the raiduhs!! theres a attitude builder huh? heck,
its WORSE than what was going on in atlanta [sans the
dog torturing, sick, gangsta].

remember how randy moss was a punk, he wiffed on all his passes,
only played when he wanted, wasnt a team mate, bad locker room
guy, etc....

this is almost an IDENTICAL situation! randy had the crumbling vikes
situation [boat scandal, ticket scamming coach, etc..] then off to
the raiduhs..... that was worse! [still is].

talented players WANT TO WIN!! and they get nasty when they dont.

i want that kind of player on my team! i want guys who are pissy when
they dont win! [see joey porter].

SIGN DEANGELO HALL.......NOW!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any player that Al Davis has contaminated just has to be damaged goods. Oakland is like a curse for players and Davis is the Cryptkeeper or Ghoul that preys on their soul.

Any player that Al Davis has contaminated just has to be damaged goods. Oakland is like a curse for players and Davis is the Cryptkeeper or Ghoul that preys on their soul.

damn his contamination has really hurt Randy Moss.

I don't get this line of thinking.

Did anyone anywhere say cut Goodman or Jason Allen? NO

This isn't the D.Hall exchange program he would just be an addition.

Of course nobody mentioned cut one of the other, but the point is for him to be of benefit to us, he needs to be able to replace one of the two IMO. If he's not an upgrade over them, why isn't even being discussed. And as for his two pro bowls, everyone knows his second pro bowl was a mere popularity contest in a season where he was toasted repeatedly.

Of course nobody mentioned cut one of the other, but the point is for him to be of benefit to us, he needs to be able to replace one of the two IMO. If he's not an upgrade over them, why isn't even being discussed. And as for his two pro bowls, everyone knows his second pro bowl was a mere popularity contest in a season where he was toasted repeatedly.

That second time he went to the pro bowl, didn't he have 7 int's? That's pretty damn good. Don't get me wrong. I'm not on board with bringing him to Miami. I just think he's a very good player (attitude aside).

I don't like the idea of bringing in a known locker room cancer when 1 - this team is not one player away from winning the championship and 2 - one of the reasons for Miami's success is because they are playing as a team, which bad apples in the locker room can disrupt.

See Cowboys, Dallas for what the results are when you have a ton of talent but do not play as a team.

That second time he went to the pro bowl, didn't he have 7 int's? That's pretty damn good. Don't get me wrong. I'm not on board with bringing him to Miami. I just think he's a very good player (attitude aside).

Nah, he had 4 picks that year. In fact, he's never had more than six picks in a given year.

GoonBoss, thank you for cleaning up the previous banter. I apologize for my part in it.

GoonBoss, thank you for cleaning up the previous banter. I apologize for my part in it.

No big. Emotions are running high, and, will be for a while. I just ask everyone's best natures to shine through on the main board. This is about the Dolphins, not politics. :woot:

Carry on. :beer1:

Of course Hall is rumored to go to Dallas if he's cut.

So maybe we don't have to even be talking about this much longer

Back
Top Bottom