Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins

thats your opinion. Interceptions are not always an indicator of how good a corner is. If that is the basis then Will Allen is not good. Hall did not have a bad year and go to the pro bowl thats for sure. Goodman has barely been a starter in this league but we should pass on taking a chance on a possible stud down the line, makes no sense to me. What do we have to lose?

that's exactly the reason why so many people say Hall sucks. he does have the INTs but he's lacking everything else.

INTS are not the reason Harris should have gotten in, no. Its the fact that he literally won games for the niners that year.

Why shouldnt we take a chance? Cause it will cost us. Hall has a 16 million dollar injury clause in his contract. If he gets injured during the season, hes guaranteed 16 million dollars.

screw hall.

Im not really talking so much about signing him off waivers as just signing him. if that clause is true then most teams will not bite and we can sign him as a free agent. Its silly to think that Hall is worse than our 4th or 5th corner or even 3rd.

i heard most people yesterday saying it was going to be like 8 Million and it is only 1 million i think we should take a shot at him

Link
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2773

Yer numbers are a bit off...

the $8m referred to was the amount the raiders have paid him in bonus and salary so far this year (8 games)

if the Phins were to pick him up on waivers they would pick up his $1m contract which equates to $470,588 for the remainder of the year....

but the problem is the $16M his contract guarantees him if/when he gets injured....which is a pretty good possibility since he's always dinged up.

DO NOT CLAIM ANYONE OFF WAIVERS THE REST OF THE SEASON!

This team is starting to gel with the players we got.........Do not ruin it by bringing anyone else in at this point........

DO NOT CLAIM ANYONE OFF WAIVERS THE REST OF THE SEASON!

This team is starting to gel with the players we got.........Do not ruin it by bringing anyone else in at this point........

I find that a silly stance. So if we had that attitude we would have not picked up Camirillo or Moses last year. This year we would not have Evan Mathis, Tyrone Culver, Polite, Cramer, london and so on.

I find that a silly stance. So if we had that attitude we would have not picked up Camirillo or Moses last year. This year we would not have Evan Mathis, Tyrone Culver, Polite, Cramer, london and so on.

ehh i guess you got a point...............im just sick of the lets pick this guy up thread after some player is released

he never should have made that last pro bowl, he did nothing to deserve it. Walt harris had 10 ints and somehow Hall gets in over him. Pure crap.

Hall is a name, and nothing else.

Thats because PB stands for POPULARITY BOWL, not Pro Bowl.

Why go after anyone when we got the future HOF jason Taylor back there!:rolleyes2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you kidding me??? I live in Atlanta so I've had the "pleasure" of watching this guy play for a long time and believe me, he sucks. He's not a team guy and he bites too much on double moves. He's the poster boy for getting toasted. No thanks, I'll take Goodman and a developing Jason Allen.

I don't get this line of thinking.

Did anyone anywhere say cut Goodman or Jason Allen? NO

This isn't the D.Hall exchange program he would just be an addition.

good point. The only reason Hall is being released is that Al Davis has become senile. Hell thats the only reason I can think he fired Kiffin after he had them playing solid early on.

This is actually the only good move Al Davis made all year. Hall has a $16mil inury clause in his contract. I don't know the exact specifics on the clause but, the Raiders will have to pay when Hall decides to come up lame on some play. Probably doesn't even have to fake an injury (he is frail enough.) This clause comes to any team that signs him off waivers.
Once he passes waivers, he is free game, IMO the fins should pick him up for a smaller contract with incentives then. At that point, he will probably have many suiters.

This is actually the only good move Al Davis made all year. Hall has a $16mil inury clause in his contract. I don't know the exact specifics on the clause but, the Raiders will have to pay when Hall decides to come up lame on some play. Probably doesn't even have to fake an injury (he is frail enough.) This clause comes to any team that signs him off waivers.
Once he passes waivers, he is free game, IMO the fins should pick him up for a smaller contract with incentives then. At that point, he will probably have many suiters.

How is this a good move for Davis, his team sucks and he traded a second round pick as well as wasted big money for this guy. Davis should be banned from the league.

that's exactly the reason why so many people say Hall sucks. he does have the INTs but he's lacking everything else.

I disagree.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...-s=DEFENSIVE_PASSES_INT_DEFENSED&d-447263-n=1

Third in the league in passes defended. (16, two above him with 17, Will Allen leads the Fins with 10)

11th in the league in solo tackles. (43. Akin Ayodele leads the Fins with 28)

He can knock passes down AND tackle (something the rest of our team has trouble doing.)

Hall can't help the fact that the rest of his team sucks (with the exception of nmandi.)

He would be an immediate and drastic upgrade to our secondary, and at 25 years old, can be contributing to the team for years to come.

I HOPE we do go after him.

I dont think we will, but I am still hoping we do.

How is this a good move for Davis, his team sucks and he traded a second round pick as well as wasted big money for this guy. Davis should be banned from the league.

Not saying the trade or the contract was a smart in the least bit, but it is a good move to dump this baggage before he forces another 16million out of the franchise. I do not defend any other of his actions.
I do completely agree that Al Davis should be banned from the league.:up:

Since we cut Hagan, we dont need to get rid of anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom