MERGED X10: Jay Feely signed and released by Chiefs | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED X10: Jay Feely signed and released by Chiefs

I respected him for that, then promptly lost that respect when he opened his kicker mouth. That 21-23 certainly didn't improve the 1-15.

a kicker can only win games if a team puts him in position. missing 2 kicks def did not lose any games

"I am going to be the best kicker in the NFL this year. I don't know any guy on this team that worked harder than me this offseason."

~ Jay Feely

Jay, it's kind of hard to be the best kicker in the NFL when you don't have a job!

don't hate on him just because he speaks the truth about this crappy roster...
whatever man...Dennis Dixon is a scrubb....Pitt's only choose him by default...it was either him,or get a guy that could actually pan out in the NFL and command MORE money...cause we all know how cheap Pittsburgh is....they dont keep ANYBODY!

hmmm...I wonder how long til Feely starts saying things like.

.."yeah.Its cool.I'll get a job...somewhere."Jay chuckles,"Hopefully somewhere where the team's talent it up to my standards,and will be better than the last two teams I was on."Jay smiles,"Actually,it might not be that hard..."

I can seriously see him saying something like that lol

I would say .... that is the brilliant mind of Herm Edwards.

Boy do I wish he was still running the jets into the ground.
nahh...I think he is moving on to new experiences....bigger and better challenges....like running the Cheifs into the ground for example:wink:

a kicker can only win games if a team puts him in position. missing 2 kicks def did not lose any games
Certainly didn't help us beat the Giants or Philly, the former of which we lost by...3. But, thanks for proving that kickers shouldn't be talking ****.

jay said we had no talent then he signs wiht a team that lacks more talent then we do? LMAOOo waht a typical LOSERRRRRRRRRRR

Everybody knows the preseason games are meaningless as far as who wins and loses. You have to look at who plays and who they're playing against. Don't even try to compare our preseason games to the Colts and Pats. Everybody knows the Pats have nothing at QB behind Brady. I'm sure if Brady was in, they would have scored more than 3 points.

In Miami's case though, you can see some indication of what they have. It may be preseason, but their defense (worst in the league against the run last year) managed to keep the Chiefs starting offense from scoring when they had a 1st and goal from the 3 yd line. Are you going to try telling me that stuffing Larry Johnson (who you said is better than RW and RB) means nothing just because it was preseason? johnson had 13 carries for a measly 36 yds, Jones-Drew had 12 yds, and Fred Taylor had 7 yds.

It may be preseason, and the games may not matter, but I would say what the defense is doing against starting offenses deserves a little optimism.

Brady and Manning missing games does not explain why their D's are getting torn apart.

What I see from Miami is a team w/ a new regime that has many players batling for roster spots. Competition creates good play in preseason. teams w/ not alot of turnover or w/ alot of vets have their spots secure. They are just trying to get into game shape. The speed of preseason isn't close to that of the speed of the reg season but Miami has been playing really hard. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. I remember we did a similar thing in '92 when we went 5-0 in preseason then we went 4-12 in the reg season.

I posted LJ's preseason stats since becoming establised. Holding him down is not a big deal. You held the Chiefs O from scoring inside the 5, does Miami lose credit b/c the Chiefs D stuffed Ricky? You had 6 plays in a row from inside the Chiefs 5 and couldn't score a TD. Is that a bad sign?

Jay Feeley, Dennis Dixon, and Ray Finkle are all the same person.

I think you're giving It too much benefit of the doubt

2uh7skx-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom