Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

So the offense not scoring early = why the defense gave up points that you claim 'allowed the score to get out of hand early'? I hadn't realized the offense was responsible for ****ty defensive play.

Here we go again with the 'oh the Phins only won b/c they had kickoff and fumble TDs'. These anomalies are part of the game. As a QB, when these things benefit your team, you aren't asked to do as much to win the game. Look at Rex Grossman and the Bears a few years back.

I didn't say 16th in the league was impressive. I posted that in response to a claim that Henne was horrible in completing passes. Sanchez was 29th and was 2nd in the league (tied with Stafford) for most picks. I know, I know. Henne sat the first year so that's a guarantee he'll come out miles ahead of Heisman Sanchez.

They both get their share of the blame, who was stopping Miami's O from holding onto the ball and scoring while in the process keeping their struggling D off the field?

You compared that game w/ the others and it's not comparable when in one game you get 21 free points t play w/. You guys won and deserved to win b/c you made the plays but you can't tell me it wasn't a giftwrapped game.

I don't need any proof that Henne can play, he showed me enough last year. i was impressed w/ his first season. Remember, i didn't like him coming out of college but he showed me alot. My biggest knock was that when they needed him most he didn't come through but overall he had a really good 1st year.

An 11-5 team that only won b/c Brady was out and played a bull**** schedule......in the words of JUNC.

nah, that had nothing to do w/ it:rolleyes2:. That was one fine football team that no one could beat...except the ravens who tharshed Miami at Miami in the WC round.

I'm just going by your logic here man ... You say Henne sucks because he throws a bunch of picks in his first year starting. Henne threw 14 ... that's a few less than 26 or 28 or whatever it was.

How was the pass to Ginn underthrown? Henne was under pressure, threw off his back foot, Ginn jumped in the air, THE ONLY GUY TO TOUCH THE BALL in flight, hits him square in his outsretched hands and CLANK

tedginnjrjpg9d32560f2c6136e1_large-1.jpg
Good throw by Henne ... typical Ginn​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6wrYiXVtxA tell me it wasn't underthrown.

Lol... your arguing that the ball was underthrown by posting proof that it WAS NOT underthrown? Good way to win a debate....... NOT

Exactly ... lol ... not only was it NOT underthrown, it hit Ginn right in the hands, proving my point.

Ginn was the only guy to make contact with the ball in flight, it hits him in the worst place possible (his hands), and next thing we know Sharper is racing towards the endzone.

Exactly ... lol ... not only was it NOT underthrown, it hit Ginn right in the hands, proving my point.

Ginn was the only guy to make contact with the ball in flight, it hits him in the worst place possible (his hands), and next thing we know Sharper is racing towards the endzone.

I was going to edit my post and say that but I saw you already did. Right in his outstretched hands.. I really have no idea whatsoever how ANYONE could look at the video and think the ball was underthrown.

Ginn sucks, it hit him in the hands, underthrown or not (it wasnt)...it shouldve been caught

In the words of X-Pac "Ginn sucks!"

Dirty Sanchez and Henne have a lot to develop, arguing who is going to be a better career NFL QB is like arguing who was going to be the first QB picked in 1998, we all know how that turned out but I am willing to bet they both fall somewhere in between Leaf and Manning in terms of NFL careers.

They both get their share of the blame, who was stopping Miami's O from holding onto the ball and scoring while in the process keeping their struggling D off the field?

You compared that game w/ the others and it's not comparable when in one game you get 21 free points t play w/. You guys won and deserved to win b/c you made the plays but you can't tell me it wasn't a giftwrapped game.

I don't need any proof that Henne can play, he showed me enough last year. i was impressed w/ his first season. Remember, i didn't like him coming out of college but he showed me alot. My biggest knock was that when they needed him most he didn't come through but overall he had a really good 1st year.

nah, that had nothing to do w/ it:rolleyes2:. That was one fine football team that no one could beat...except the ravens who tharshed Miami at Miami in the WC round.

It wasn't giftwrapped, the Special Teams and Defense did what they get paid to do, make plays.

And again you're taking my response to someone else's claim and making it seem that I'm saying the 11-5 was a great team (Henne taking over the 11-5 in SD during Week 3). Obviously Brady being out was a benefit, to every NFL team in fact. These things happen in sports. Injuries, guys being hurt, guys being suspended, teams sitting their starters in game when they already have homefield advantage locked up. You still have to win. I've given credit to the Jets and what they did last year. No ifs, ands, or buts.

It wasn't giftwrapped, the Special Teams and Defense did what they get paid to do, make plays.

And again you're taking my response to someone else's claim and making it seem that I'm saying the 11-5 was a great team (Henne taking over the 11-5 in SD during Week 3). Obviously Brady being out was a benefit, to every NFL team in fact. These things happen in sports. Injuries, guys being hurt, guys being suspended, teams sitting their starters in game when they already have homefield advantage locked up. You still have to win. I've given credit to the Jets and what they did last year. No ifs, ands, or buts.

They can throw the "Ted Ginn won you the game" excuse around all they want, but the fact is Sanchez still had a shot to win at the end and couldn't get it done. period.

and I have given credit to the '08 dolphins, we had the same opportunity you had and we choked it away.

How often do teams score 3 non-offensive TDs? That game was giftwrapped for henne, he was inconsequential to the outcome.

They can throw the "Ted Ginn won you the game" excuse around all they want, but the fact is Sanchez still had a shot to win at the end and couldn't get it done. period.

That is true but it's hard to overcome 3 non offensive TDs.

Can we apply that logic to the end of the season for henne? he had chances to win the Hou and ten games and didn't, right?

Back
Top Bottom