Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

Each game is different, 17 pts might be great one ga,me and terrible in another. sanchez didn't get 21 free pts to play w/ in San Diego, he made big plays to help us get to 17 which was enough to win. W/o 21 free pts henne doesn't have a chance to win that game at the meadowlands and obviously the stakes were just a tad higher in SD than in our meeting.

how do you know?? he was on the sidelines the entire 3rd quarter....because our ST or D would score and you would get the ball right back. then in the 4th quarter when he did get back on the field, he took it right down for a TD.

I'm not even arguing the win/loss.....they both won, and in both cases it was due more to other factors than the QB play. But look at the sum of their individual performance and although it's almost identical, Jets fans somehow think that one was horrid, and the other was great...oops, not great, just 'the best of any rookie QB in NFL history' :lol:

I have my doubts....about both of us....

:rotfl1:

no, you're not saying he was great....just that it was the best rookie performance ever!!

....and I thought that you were one of the more level-headed Jests fans.....that is without a doubt the most laughable comment I have ever seen on this forum...priceless.

:lol:

Again, you are missing words in that sentence. I said best rookie QB in postseason ever and that's a fact(at least in modern times). if it is such a crazy statement show me a rookie QB who performed better in postseason than Sanchez did?

how do you know?? he was on the sidelines the entire 3rd quarter....because our ST or D would score and you would get the ball right back. then in the 4th quarter when he did get back on the field, he took it right down for a TD.

I'm not even arguing the win/loss.....they both won, and in both cases it was due more to other factors than the QB play. But look at the sum of their individual performance and although it's almost identical, Jets fans somehow think that one was horrid, and the other was great...oops, not great, just 'the best of any rookie QB in NFL history' :lol:

He got great FP and needed a blown call to help him "take it right down for a TD".

Miami had 10 offensive possessions(not counting the kneeldown) and scored 9 offensive points, the Jets had 14 offensive possessions and scored 25.

If Miami had 14 possessions they were on pace for 13 pts.

Sanchez had to overcome 21 pts scored by Miami's STs and D and he nearly led us to the win.

The SD game wa spart of the best postseason for a rookie QB and Sanchez played well in that game, henne did not in the jet game. Again, if sanchez got 21 free pts we could argue the games were similar but that didn't happen and they were not and AGAIN sanchez was playing for a trip to the AFC Title Game, the Jet-Miami game was the EIGHT game of the season.

He got great FP and needed a blown call to help him "take it right down for a TD".

Miami had 10 offensive possessions(not counting the kneeldown) and scored 9 offensive points, the Jets had 14 offensive possessions and scored 25.

Sanchez had to overcome 21 pts scored by Miami's STs and D and he nearly led us to the win.

The SD game wa spart of the best postseason for a rookie QB and Sanchez played well in that game, henne did not in the jet game. Again, if sanchez got 21 free pts we could argue the games were similar but that didn't happen and they were not and AGAIN sanchez was playing for a trip to the AFC Title Game, the Jet-Miami game was the EIGHT game of the season.

With all due respect, Junc, I could claim that with Davone Bess fumbling the punt after you guys went 3 and out, your offense never gets going.

Think about it, the JT return sucked the life out of you guys. You could hear the boos in the stadium, the look on Sanchez's face was a blank stare when walking off the field. It was 17-6, and you went 3 and out.

Bess fumbles the ball, the Jets are rejuvenated. Up until that point, neither offense had done anything to brag about.

Hey Jets fans, no need to worry if/when Sanchez flops 2 or 3 years from now you could always convince Favre or Testaverde to come back and play for you again :) hehehe
Chubbs

I'll take away Pitt since he left early and the game didn't matter anyway but when Miami controled their own destiny(Ten, Hou) he led his offenses to a total of 9 pts in the first halves of those games. There's more blame to go around than just the QB but the QB and the O did NOT do enough to win those games.

Sanchez's bad games were spread out, he had about one a month. In Miami's biggest games Henne had multiple poor outings.

Are we adults? Do I really need to explain this to you? First show me where I said Sanchez was GREAT in postseason? he wasn't but he played his best football and the best football of ANY rookie QB in NFL history. You guys treat Sanchez like he was a 10 year vet and forget he was a rookie. It really isn't this difficult to understand.

he did throw an INT w/ the game on the line vs. Atlanta, our D also allowed Atlanata to march down the field and score the go ahead TD in the final minutes.

Against Miami he led us to 25 pts, that should have been more than enough to win. he played very well.

He was dreadful against buffalo, he cost us that Bills game as well as NO and the 2nd NE game. It happens, he was a rookie. Thankfully he always bounced back and the switched turned on in postseason.

I know you know that football is played in 4 quarters. While it isn't ideal to have only 9 points in the first half of those games, it isn't why they lost. They score points in the 2nd half too. The defense just couldn't hold.

Against Miami he led us to 25 pts, that should have been more than enough to win. he played very well.

Uh and Henne led the Phins to 24 against Tennessee and 20 against Houston. Those are enough points to have a chance as well. The defense blew it for the Phins in those games and for the Jets in Week 5 vs Miami

It is true. Instead of giving Henne credit for the TD drive, it only happened b/c of factors going against the Jets. As if those things never went your team's way in 16+ games.

Uh and Henne led the Phins to 24 against Tennessee and 20 against Houston. Those are enough points to have a chance as well. The defense blew it for the Phins in those games and for the Jets in Week 5 vs Miami

Not to mention the Saints game. I see the argument Junc is trying to make - that when Henne has a "bad game" we are blaming it on the defense, but it's just not a valid point.

If Henne was given even a top 10 D, I think the season would've turned differently even with Ronnie Brown going down and Ted "drop it like it's hot" Ginn. I can't back that up with pretty numbers, it's just my opinion.

At the end of the season, the only viable threats on our team were Bess and Hartline, and they don't scare opposing Defenses even though they are very good players. Ricky was essentially gassed and Henne had to put it up.

Despite what you say, we never really were out of any game with all of our injuries, limited weapons, and defensive shortcomings. I think that says alot for Chad in his first year of starting, just as Sanchez was impressive in the playoffs with the microscope on him

Henne is probably the most overrated dolphins player right now. He has no accuracy or touch on the deep ball, and looks like he wears concrete shoes. He gets all the credit when the team wins even if special teams/defense scored/contributed more offensively than henne did (saints, jets, bills). He gets no blame when the team loses, it all gets blamed on the defense even though Henne did an excellent job throwing pick 6s.

Dude, all he wants to do is continue to stir the pot. You have given him facts and he continues to argue, without a valid point. He is just a Jet troll that brings nothing positive to a conversation. The best thing to do is ignore him. When the season starts and Sanchez does what seems to be expected by the masses and Henne does what he is expected then we'll see what he says then.

For now, just don't keep feeding the troll. Personally I learned my lesson some time back and finally realized what a lot of Dolphins fans have already realized. He will view things with a bias Jets view and nothing else. There is always an excuse for the Dolphins and Henne doing something good and when the Jets do something good it is because they are amazing. I am tired of reading his said "facts".

Henne is probably the most overrated dolphins player right now. He has no accuracy or touch on the deep ball, and looks like he wears concrete shoes. He gets all the credit when the team wins even if special teams/defense scored/contributed more offensively than henne did (saints, jets, bills). He gets no blame when the team loses, it all gets blamed on the defense even though Henne did an excellent job throwing pick 6s.

Concrete shoes? Do you even watch the games?

One of his most effective plays is a rollout out to the right. I guess he can't be like Sanchez and be so mobile to the point of already wearing 2 knee braces in his second year and having 20 picks.

No one is giving him credit for the second Jets win, aside from the fact that he had all of FOUR plays in the 3rd quarter. His poise and calmness is what praise-worthy in that performance.

He pretty much cost us the Bills game - no doubt, but without his gritty perfomances, we don't beat the Pats, the Jets (first game), get back in the Titans game, the clutch plays in the Panthers game, the comeback against Tampa (although he almost cost that one).

He didn't have a good Defense to save him ... we allowed the most points in the 4th quarter at an astounding rate. What do you want? He was more impressive than not I'd say.

Not to mention the Saints game. I see the argument Junc is trying to make - that when Henne has a "bad game" we are blaming it on the defense, but it's just not a valid point.

If Henne was given even a top 10 D, I think the season would've turned differently even with Ronnie Brown going down and Ted "drop it like it's hot" Ginn. I can't back that up with pretty numbers, it's just my opinion.

At the end of the season, the only viable threats on our team were Bess and Hartline, and they don't scare opposing Defenses even though they are very good players. Ricky was essentially gassed and Henne had to put it up.

Despite what you say, we never really were out of any game with all of our injuries, limited weapons, and defensive shortcomings. I think that says alot for Chad in his first year of starting, just as Sanchez was impressive in the playoffs with the microscope on him

Now I will admit that the Dolphins offense was nothing to sneeze at. I mean sometimes it took them 10 minutes to score a TD (against NE that actually gave them the lead but the Pats only needed 4 plays to score the go ahead TD right after). Was this Henne's fault? I don't know, maybe some percentage. The reason the team went after Marshall was obvious. There hasn't been a No.1 WR on this team in a long time and everyone knows this. If Henne doesn't improve his numbers this year with Marshall to throw to, then you would be fair to criticize him as a QB.

16th in the league in completion percentage ahead of McNabb, Cutler, C. Palmer, and Matt Ryan.

What did Henne get credit for in the Saints game? The 2 INTs for TDs? One of which Sharper stepped out of bounds at the 3 on the run back of course. You act like QBs don't have bad games. Hell Drew Brees threw 3 INTs in that game.

16th in the league in completion percentage ahead of McNabb, Cutler, C. Palmer, and Matt Ryan.

What did Henne get credit for in the Saints game? The 2 INTs for TDs? One of which Sharper stepped out of bounds at the 3 on the run back of course. You act like QBs don't have bad games. Hell Drew Brees threw 3 INTs in that game.

He got credit for scoring 30+ points even though the dolphins defense started them in the red zone 3 times. How many pick 6s did Henne throw this year? He really isn't that good.

Back
Top Bottom