Merged X13: John Beck signs with the Ravens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X13: John Beck signs with the Ravens

sdstohl

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There were lots of speculation on this board about Beck this last year with trade rumors, etc. This gives a pretty good synopsis about what actually happened.

<a href="http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705300968/Becks-release-a-blessing-in-disguise.html?pg=1>Link</a>

I love how they make it sound like teams were beating down the door to trade for Beck.

You really think Parcells wouldn't have jumped at a chance to get some draft picks for his sorry ***? I hope he and his Daddy Cam have a nice life together up there in Baltimore.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were lots of speculation on this board about Beck this last year with trade rumors, etc. This gives a pretty good synopsis about what actually happened.

<a href="http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705300968/Becks-release-a-blessing-in-disguise.html?pg=1>Link</a>

We got screwed :boohoo:

I love how they make it sound like teams were beating down the door to trade for Beck.

You really think Parcells wouldn't have jumped at a chance to get some draft picks for his sorry ***? I hope he and his Daddy Cam have a nice life together up there in Baltimore.

The thing is that the article also suggests that teams knew that Parcells likes to go with his guys and they simply waited him out. If that is true, it makes sense. Why trade if you stand a good chance of getting him for free?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see where it says that has happened... Nothing from the Ravens.. Not to mention they have their starter for years in Flacco. If it's true, Beck signed as a 2nd, maybe 3rd stringer.

Obviously. Nobody is going to sign him as a starter, he has hardly any starting experience, and the experience he has wasn't exactly good.

the Bills even wanted beck and parcells said no read the article
Half a dozen teams wanted a trade for Beck back in August, including the Dallas Cowboys — twice. Buffalo even drew up papers for a trade. But Parcells declined.

Here is a little About the article
Beck found new life Thursday after he cleared waivers and the Ravens beat out Jacksonville for his services. His role now is to beat out Troy Smith as the No. 2 guy.
"I am way excited to go to a team where I can compete for a backup job and do it quick," Beck said. "As frustrating as it was in Miami — and I'll miss the friends and associations left behind — I'm looking forward to working with people who know me and have me as part of their plans."

Yeah your right they were beating down the door the bills wanted him and parcelles said no.......

Beck found new life Thursday after he cleared waivers and the Ravens beat out Jacksonville for his services. His role now is to beat out Troy Smith as the No. 2 guy.
"I am way excited to go to a team where I can compete for a backup job and do it quick," Beck said. "As frustrating as it was in Miami — and I'll miss the friends and associations left behind — I'm looking forward to working with people who know me and have me as part of their plans."

Half a dozen teams wanted a trade for Beck back in August, including the Dallas Cowboys — twice. Buffalo even drew up papers for a trade. But Parcells declined.

The thing is that the article also suggests that teams knew that Parcells likes to go with his guys and they simply waited him out. If that is true, it makes sense. Why trade if you stand a good chance of getting him for free?

thats what they did, they waited and knew parcells was going to let him go Ravens gain and our LOSS Watch!!

Our?
Finman, it's time to forget all these anti-Beckers. They'll never see the truth about what a spectactular talent Beck is. It's time you and I pulled up the stakes and found the "Ravenheaven.com" boards or equivalent and be Raven fans. John Beck is greater than this team.

What do you say? Do we have a deal? I'll go out and look for the web addresses.

Our?
Finman, it's time to forget all these anti-Beckers. They'll never see the truth about what a spectactular talent Beck is. It's time you and I pulled up the stakes and found the "Ravenheaven.com" boards or equivalent and be Raven fans. John Beck is greater than this team.

What do you say? Do we have a deal? I'll go out and look for the web addresses.

becker2-1.jpg

How could someone hate such a great TV show?

Back
Top Bottom