Merged X13: John Beck signs with the Ravens | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X13: John Beck signs with the Ravens

He already signed with them. Good luck Beck, may you come back and kick the crap out of the fins. Just the expression on some faces here would be priceless.

I guess that rumor that Cam said he made a mistake drafting Beck was wrong.

:lol2:

He already signed with them. Good luck Beck, may you come back and kick the crap out of the fins. Just the expression on some faces here would be priceless.

http://www.ravens24x7.com

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :rolleyes2:

One this says Cam didn't think drafting him was a mistake and two all the hater/bashers were just flat out wrong about him not having trade value. It was just a numbers game when we drafted White, like I said and got bashed for. Good luck John in every game except when you play us!

One this says Cam didn't think drafting him was a mistake and two all the hater/bashers were just flat out wrong about him not having trade value. It was just a numbers game when we drafted White, like I said and got bashed for. Good luck John in every game except when you play us!
You Sir, are absolutely correct on both accounts.

and two all the hater/bashers were just flat out wrong about him not having trade value.

He didn't have trade value, that's why he was released.

Troy Williamson had trade value last year, he was moved to Jax for a 7th rounder instead of being cut.

Don't you think MIA would of taken a 7th instead of cutting him outright if it was available? In this situation it's pretty safe to assume nobody was offering anything for Beck, that doesn't mean nobody would pick him up as a FA as a 3rd QB or something, but nobody was going to give up anything in a trade, meaning he didn't have any trade value.

I don't think the fact that he signed with someone means he had trade value.

Yes, I can see John Beck being warmly embraced by Ray Lewis and the other Baltimore badasses.

Here's something to consider. Could it be that the Dolphins were holding out for what they felt was the right offer? That article states that at least one team, Buffalo, made an offer but Parcells declined it. Is it conceivable that other offers were also declined?

Troy Williamson had trade value last year, he was moved to Jax for a 7th rounder instead of being cut.

:confused:

Don't you think MIA would of taken a 7th instead of cutting him outright if it was available? In this situation it's pretty safe to assume nobody was offering anything for Beck, that doesn't mean nobody would pick him up as a FA as a 3rd QB or something, but nobody was going to give up anything in a trade, meaning he didn't have any trade value.

After the draft when they had 4 QBs on the roster, they probably had little leverage. Therefore John was cut. Knowing that Beck was probably the odd man out, why would any team trade for him if they had a reasonable chance to get him without compensation being involved?

Prior to the draft, all of us can only speculate. Again, the article does indicate that several teams expressed interest and at least one of them, Buffalo, made an offer. Could there have been more?

Well, he has value to the team that signed him or he would not have been signed, right?

I hope he has a great career, especially against the Jets, Patriots, and Bills. I hope he throws 8 INTs and no TDs against the Dolphins.

Now that's just flat out wrong! It would be nice to see the faces of some that were so against him being in Miami but when/if he ever plays against us, he has got to get smacked! :D

Someone posted that Mad Dog stated on his radio show that Cameron said that it was a mistake to draft him. I questioned the timing of it as it really did not make sense to me. It still doesn't and now it does not appear to be true.

It could be that the front office decided to reward Beck's class TEAM performance by not trading him for a low pick to a place he didn't want to go OR to a division rival -- only if the return to the team would warrant trading him to a less desirable place would it be worth it.

So for a couple reasons they probably had a value level on offers -- perhaps 5 or 6th round or higher. Not 7th round, etc.

It's business and class, perhaps, being returned.

LD

It could be that the front office decided to reward Beck's class TEAM performance by not trading him for a low pick to a place he didn't want to go OR to a division rival -- only if the return to the team would warrant trading him to a less desirable place would it be worth it.

So for a couple reasons they probably had a value level on offers -- perhaps 5 or 6th round or higher. Not 7th round, etc.

It's business and class, perhaps, being returned.

LD

Look out! You are about to be called insane! :D

Not only would a team have to give up a draft pick but they would have to be willing to assume his existing contract. He is only a 3rd string QB or a weak 2nd stringer. Teams dont feel that sense of urgency to sign him when they can look at much cheaper UDFA's. I think once he was cut teams were much more likely to consider signing him on better terms. I like how this staff treats players. Once they could not get him a trading partner in the draft, they released him and allowed him to find a new team on his terms. That is pretty fair of them. I think things like that go a long way with players you are trying to resign down the road.

Back
Top Bottom