Merged X13: John Beck signs with the Ravens | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X13: John Beck signs with the Ravens

Not only would a team have to give up a draft pick but they would have to be willing to assume his existing contract. He is only a 3rd string QB or a weak 2nd stringer. Teams dont feel that sense of urgency to sign him when they can look at much cheaper UDFA's. I think once he was cut teams were much more likely to consider signing him on better terms. I like how this staff treats players. Once they could not get him a trading partner in the draft, they released him and allowed him to find a new team on his terms. That is pretty fair of them. I think things like that go a long way with players you are trying to resign down the road.

Shula,

The only thing that I possibly disagree with you on is what caliber of QB Beck is. Yes, he may have been what you described to the Dolphins staff but honestly, the jury is still out on his potential....

He didn't have trade value, that's why he was released.

Troy Williamson had trade value last year, he was moved to Jax for a 7th rounder instead of being cut.

Don't you think MIA would of taken a 7th instead of cutting him outright if it was available? In this situation it's pretty safe to assume nobody was offering anything for Beck, that doesn't mean nobody would pick him up as a FA as a 3rd QB or something, but nobody was going to give up anything in a trade, meaning he didn't have any trade value.

I don't think the fact that he signed with someone means he had trade value.

Did you read the story? There was a lot of interest. What this says to me and this is just my opinion is that the Trifecta was fine with Beck as the 3rd string QB and was willing to keep him if they didn't get Pat White. When we got White in the draft, it was too late to do anthing because Teams knew we would cut him. It is similar to what happen to Pennington last year when Favre was signed.

He already signed with them. Good luck Beck, may you come back and kick the crap out of the fins. Just the expression on some faces here would be priceless.

I guess that rumor that Cam said he made a mistake drafting Beck was wrong.

It wasn't really a rumor...it was fact. That fact will be proven once again when he is worthless in Baltimore. But, I'll play along...

Joe Flacco, look out. Your job is hereby in jeopardy. Here comes John Beck...

It wasn't really a rumor...it was fact. That fact will be proven once again when he is worthless in Baltimore. But, I'll play along...

It may have been a fact regarding what Mad Dog said but it makes little sense to me that Cameron would allow a mistake of his to join the offense that he is coaching. If he were that mistake, he would have screamed bloody murder to the Ravens FO to prevent it from happening. It's also reasonable to think that the Ravens sought out his opinion prior to making the decision to bring him in...

Joe Flacco, look out. Your job is hereby in jeopardy. Here comes John Beck...

There may be some truth to that but it does not appear to be the plan as of right now....

Beck will compete with Troy Smith (Ohio State) as the No. 2 QB behind Joe Flacco, who is in his second year out of Delaware. I don't think Cameron would have brought Beck in to be No. 3 and there is a chance if something happened to Flacco, it wouldn't take much for Beck to step in as the starter. I predict the other QB, 11-year veteran Todd Bouman, to be cut soon.
http://www.deseretnews.com/blogs/1,5322,19,00.html

Great’ Let’s hope the Black Hole of Beck permeates throughout Baltimore.

Him and Cam are indeed long lost lovers.

It’s nice to see them together again.

***Hallmark Moment***

:hump:

I highly doubt John Beck beats out Troy Smith; much less Joe Flacco. I'd be willing to bet that John Beck couldn't beat out the football machine they use in practice.

And you're right, it does make very little sense that Cam Cameron would allow his mistake to join his offense for a second time. I just can't understand it.

And I keep reading where many hope John Beck and his new team come back to Miami and kick the **** out of us to get his revenge. I'm just not sure how much revenge you can extract by pumpimg a fist and waving a clipboard from the sideline.

No surprise that Cam got the Ravens to sign a QB that cost them nothing in the way of draft picks, and on a cheap contract I'm sure.

I'm just glad Beck is out of the AFC East and look forward to the day when bashers and supporters can finally let go of him.

Beck is gone, let's all move on, okay?

That said, I wish him well, unless he is playing against Miami.

So, now do we have to wait for Cameron to cut his *** before we can say he was a bust?

I had hope for the guy as a backup to Henne...but the trifecta and the league has spoken loud and clear...

HE IS A BUST...HE SUCKS...HE WASTED OUR TIME...GOOD RIDDENCE!!!!

Strange Decision by Beck

It seems to me that he's content at being a career back-up. It seems as though, he lacks the fire. 6 teams showed him interest, yet he chooses a team with a legit #1. I know that's where Cam is, but think about it. If you were an older Qb, wouldn't you want to go somewhere and compete for the starting job? :err: Plus, he only signed a 1 year deal. Mueller and Cam must have been the only two men "enamored" with Beck. I admit, I drank the Kool-Aid when we drafted him, but this decision reveals a lot about his character to me. On the other hand, in recent interviews, Henne almost sounds pissed that he's not starting. That's the fire (read ****iness) you need in Qbs. Thoughts?

Shula,

The only thing that I possibly disagree with you on is what caliber of QB Beck is. Yes, he may have been what you described to the Dolphins staff but honestly, the jury is still out on his potential....

You can make that argument about his potential all day long and your right he may turn out to be sucessfull one day. What you cant deny is that John Beck was our 3rd string QB. There are alot of project type players with potential that are slated as 3rd string. Cam cameron thinks highly enough of him to give him a job. In fact I would say that this might be a very good opprotunity for Beck.

He is being reunited with the guy who drafted him for his system. He may be a better fit for the Ravens offense. If he can win the B/U spot there, he may actually get to see some game time if Flacco goes down and he should at the very least see the field as thier place kick holder. Our staff spent extensive time on correcting his mechanics and that may payoff for the Ravens. John Beck is in a better situation now and he should be happy how things turned out.

I really dont understand what the big fuss is about? We lost value on him and didnt get to recooperate anything at all for him. That does suck, but thats how the modern game is. At least now those who hate the guy dont have to ever worry about him being under center in Miami. People that like him should be happy that he is getting a second chance on another team. Both sides should be happy with the results.

I have said all along that I believed he was going to be here till the end of his contract. I was very surprised we did actually draft Pat White. I thought we would adress another area of need with that pick and keep Beck as our B/U going into next season. I figured we would look to upgrade that postion in the next draft not this one. I think Beck can be a servicable 2nd string QB for a team. I dont know how much progess he has made this offseason but I doubt it was enough to believe he is ready to compete for a starter role anywhere. That does not mean he can not one day reach that point where he can. Unfortunatly for him he is at best a slow starter in the NFL and needs some extra time to catch up and he is a little bit on the old side for that luxry. I was wrong on what our staff had in mind, I can admitt that. I dont think him being cut verifies anything about his "potential" I think it is just how circumstances unfolded. He was an expensive 3rd string QB and we saw an upgrade in the draft so we went for it. Now he is the odd man out in the equation.

Personally I am glad he got cut just so that this endless debate can finally go to the way side. He got his chance here, regardless of if it was under fair circumstances or not. He failed to live up to expectations. This staff could of easily kept him around for TC to add competition into the mix and kept us fans wondering. They did the right thing. They wished him the best of luck and gave him time to find a job before the season started. To his credit, it did not take him long to find another team.

Our?
Finman, it's time to forget all these anti-Beckers. They'll never see the truth about what a spectactular talent Beck is. It's time you and I pulled up the stakes and found the "Ravenheaven.com" boards or equivalent and be Raven fans. John Beck is greater than this team.

What do you say? Do we have a deal? I'll go out and look for the web addresses.

abandon the Dolphins for your man-crush on Beck? :lol2:

Our?
Finman, it's time to forget all these anti-Beckers. They'll never see the truth about what a spectactular talent Beck is. It's time you and I pulled up the stakes and found the "Ravenheaven.com" boards or equivalent and be Raven fans. John Beck is greater than this team.

What do you say? Do we have a deal? I'll go out and look for the web addresses.

I wish it were only true..., even a drop

It seems to me that he's content at being a career back-up. It seems as though, he lacks the fire. 6 teams showed him interest, yet he chooses a team with a legit #1. I know that's where Cam is, but think about it. If you were an older Qb, wouldn't you want to go somewhere and compete for the starting job? :err: Plus, he only signed a 1 year deal. Mueller and Cam must have been the only two men "enamored" with Beck. I admit, I drank the Kool-Aid when we drafted him, but this decision reveals a lot about his character to me. On the other hand, in recent interviews, Henne almost sounds pissed that he's not starting. That's the fire (read ****iness) you need in Qbs. Thoughts?
:koolbang:
Couldn't resist sorry

but ya love the post... He does or did seem awfully content all along...

Ravens pick up John Beck

I guess the ravens see something they can possible work with in case of an emergency. I wish we could have got at least a low round pick. good luck beck...not agianst us.

Back
Top Bottom