Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread

I think theres about 3 of those guys in the NFL right now....what are the chances of really finding one?

Agreed. The chances of finding a TRUE number 1 (Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne) are very slim. Anquan boldin would be a good number 1 for a few years.

I like the scenario Nub, but IMO Ginn will still be here next yr....

I like the scenario Nub, but IMO Ginn will still be here next yr....
Probably, but he could concentrate more on just being a kick/punt returner. Maybe less responsibility in the passing game will improve his returning abilities. Less pressure.

Ginn could still come in the game for the occasional home run shot.

Before Larry Fitz came along, AQ put up over 1000 yards in rookie season......so i disagree. I think he would and could be our legitimate no.1 recv. He is my favourite player in NFL and to see him in a Fin Jersey even for a 2nd round pick would be superb!

you got a shot at a true #1 wr in dez bryant in this draft and most of you guys would rather take a lower rated defensive player cause defense is the bigger need...

color me :bobdole:

We all know and hope for a #1 WR to help open the offense. I'm not sure if Boldin is that guy. I like him as a great #2 but can he be that top receiver we need? The one issue with him is his speed. We need a #1 with Ginn type speed and Boldin type talent. What do you think?

There is a lot more to the WR position then just speed. Jerry Rice was one of the slowest 40 guys in the game, yet he is the best WR ever! I also think I have seen Boldin break a 3 yard slant for a 70yd TD. I have never seen Ginn do that, but I have seen him catch a 3 yard slant and run 1 yard backward to get out of bounds, or just fall down.

3rd for Boldin? I'd do it in a heartbeat. Still would give us our first two picks to use on D, and we need immediate help at WR that a rookie wouldn't be able to provide. Pull da trigga, Ireland.

you land boldin in trade you get rid of ginn to the highest bidder...i don't care if it's a 5th round pick...ginn needs to go

In a one on one 9 out 10 times Ginn could burn who ever is covering him (see Monday night against Jets :))
Ginn was hardly ever double covered all season. I'd say he can get open 2 out of 10 times in single coverage. He's not good at route running either.

you land boldin in trade you get rid of ginn to the highest bidder...i don't care if it's a 5th round pick...ginn needs to go

Boldin wouldn't give us that homerun threat. He's a guy who catches mid field and is great after the catch, but Ginn is our only true deep ball threat. I say keep him and let him prove if he's capable to be on this team next season.

In a one on one 9 out 10 times Ginn could burn who ever is covering him (see Monday night against Jets :))

This is funny. Outside of 1 or 2 deep balls that were thrown and caught by Ginn, I didn't see him outright beat his corner down the field.

Remember, the WR / CB match-up doesn't involve them standing next to each other and seeing who can run faster down the field to catch the ball. There is bumping at the line, Corners who play off the WR (5 yds or even 10 yds), etc. While I think Ginn is lightning fast when he can hit his top speed, he doesn't have the acceleration off the line that is needed to just outright burn the CB. I would even say Bess has more acceleration off the line then Ginn and we have all seen that Bess is one of the slower overall WR's in the game.

If Boldin realistically can be had for just a third round pick, you have to make the trade. Yes you are getting a receiver on the "down side" of his career, but he likely still has another 3-4 years of 1000 yard seasons. He would truly be the #1 receiver we have been looking for the past year.

I like Hartline, Bess and Camarillo but they really shouldn't be counted on to be the main target. Imagine getting Boldin and allowing those three to be the complimentary receivers that they are? Hartline would easily be the #2 target with Bess in the slot. With Boldin on the field, Bess could put up Welker numbers. I am not kidding.

Agreed. Look at what the Patriots did with Moss and they aquired him older than what we would aquire Q.

Back
Top Bottom