Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread

From my perspective Q resembles Hines Ward.

They both put up like 80 catch.....1000 yard seasons virtually every year averaging a little over 12 yards a reception. Similiar size, speed and toughness.

Q has had some injury issues......missing 17 games in 7 years averages out to like 2.4 games per year. But some of the injuries like the broken jaw I just don't worry about. It's not like he tore his ACL or something. And it has not stopped him from putting up the same numbers as someone like Ward.

Hines Ward will turn 34 in March and next season will be his 13th year in the league. Q will turn 30 in October and will enter his 8th year in the league. If you think Ward's game is similiar to Q you my want to rethink just how many years Q may have left in the tank.

This would be a huge move...I hope it does not make us complacent tho...

Getting this one Wr is not going to solve everything...

We still need D...but def going in the right direction if we get him..

He still has alot left in the tank...

A 3rd and Thigpen to seal the deal over the other bidders! The Cardinals have Lienhart and that is it, as far as QB's go with game time under their belt. I know I know people are going to say Ginn, Porter, or Chrowder, but lets get real here. The Cardinal's have a need it is QB, we have a need it is WR so make the deal that makes sense for both teams.

we need draft picks i do not want to give up a pick for a player who was injury prone last year, and it will not guarantee us the super bowl, i would rather draft a wr in the second and take a chance with him or test free agency, boldin is not the only missing piece for us we have several

Bro, it's a 3rd round pick. And we're talking about the toughest WR in football where I will take 12 games of him over any 3rd round pick we take. I would do it as well for a 2nd rounder, but I see the argument against it as well. For a 3rd rounder, it's a no brainer.

I just think the Cards stand pat unless they get a 2nd rounder.

We passed on Jared Cook for Patrick Turner. Im still pained over this

you guys are aware taht Boldin is NOT a deep threat right? this means more conservative dink and dunk passing game.

Boldin the last 2 yrs not including last year avg. I think 80 catches under 5 yards out of his 100 catches a year (LETS SAY I CANT REM EXACT BUT IT WAS DRASTIC AMOUNT). This team lacks BIG PLAY ability so getting Boldin shouldn't mean we are set. Bess is a slot, Hartline is a slot, Ginn is trash.

I'd still go WR that can go deep ala Thomas from GT round 2, Pitta round 3, Dansby FA, Rolle FA, Graham round 1.

Thats SOLB, ILB, TE,#1 WR, #2 WR, S in one offseason which happened to be our biggest weaknesses. Than I'd draft a NT in late rounds and pick up Jolly or someone of that nature in FA.

While Boldin doesn't have blazing speed, he is a monster YAC guy. He breaks tackles like no other WR in the game.

Bess is our slot guy agreed, but I personally think Hartline can fit into the #2 role just fine. Why do you want to draft a guy in the 2nd to have him develop for 3 years when we can get a guy now for a 3rd round pick that would immediately help our QB, our other WR's, and our offense as a whole. He would help tremendously.

We won't get Dansby and Rolle, that's just too much money to be shelling out to guys who are FA (thats if Rolle gets cut). These guys will want to get paid.

We need to focus our draft solely on Defense (especially rounds 1 and 2). If we can alleviate the WR issue with a 3rd rounder, seems like a no-brainer to me.

Bess is NOT a deep threat, Hartline never seems to catch up to the deep ball or Henne over throws him and Ginn gets 1 deep ball every 4 weeks...no thanks.

And I don't rem the last time Boldin being double covered...especially on a 4 yard route.

you guys think boldin is some savior he isn't...he is VERY GOOD but he is not a deep threat...someone who can go and catch a 15-20 yard pass.

With boldin we'll get more single coverage on one of our deeper threat receivers. If Ginn is doubled, boldin isn't and vice versa. I think for a 3rd it's worth it for a player who has proven himself in the NFL season after season.

The one issue with Boldin at WR

We all know and hope for a #1 WR to help open the offense. I'm not sure if Boldin is that guy. I like him as a great #2 but can he be that top receiver we need? The one issue with him is his speed. We need a #1 with Ginn type speed and Boldin type talent. What do you think?

I think theres about 3 of those guys in the NFL right now....what are the chances of really finding one?

If Boldin realistically can be had for just a third round pick, you have to make the trade. Yes you are getting a receiver on the "down side" of his career, but he likely still has another 3-4 years of 1000 yard seasons. He would truly be the #1 receiver we have been looking for the past year.

I like Hartline, Bess and Camarillo but they really shouldn't be counted on to be the main target. Imagine getting Boldin and allowing those three to be the complimentary receivers that they are? Hartline would easily be the #2 target with Bess in the slot. With Boldin on the field, Bess could put up Welker numbers. I am not kidding.

Back
Top Bottom