Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread

Where are all of the people who are DYING to deal for Brandon Marshall. If he's such a great talent, explain to me WHY we wouldn't go after him since everyone discounts the reasons I've stated that he's a gutterball off the field...

I'll hang up and listen.
There is no question that Marshall is better and i would take him over boldin any day of the week, but i think people finally relize that Marshall is going to come at a very high price probably what the Cowboys had to give up to get Roy Williams

Boldin can catch the deep ball, he isnt a real over the top threat but he can run deep flag/post routes and get massive amounts of YAC. One of the things we lacked big time last year.

Boldin is a perfect fit in Miami, the guy played in 15 out of 16 regular season games, hardly a injury plauged season.

2009 - Games:15 Rec: 84 Yards: 1,024 Avg: 12.2 Long: 44 TD's:4

12.2 yards a catch is pretty damn good. He also has pretty good career long receptions at 79,71,64,54,44,44 yards

Career average per catch is 12.8

Bess had a 10.0 AVG this year.
Cam had a 11.0 AVG this year.
Ginn had a 11.9 AVG this year.
Hartline was our best with a 16.3 AVG.

Boldin would demand a double team and open Ginn/Bess/Hartline up more. If Boldin is single covered he will break a lot of tackles and get tons of YAC.

if defenses are double covering boldin bess and ginn will be open for the deep ball(more so ginn)

Bess is NOT a deep threat, Hartline never seems to catch up to the deep ball or Henne over throws him and Ginn gets 1 deep ball every 4 weeks...no thanks.

And I don't rem the last time Boldin being double covered...especially on a 4 yard route.

you guys think boldin is some savior he isn't...he is VERY GOOD but he is not a deep threat...someone who can go and catch a 15-20 yard pass.

I love Boldin but point is we need 1 more guy...someone who can make bess and hartline the slot/4 spot guy.

I see them going for a guy like Boldin than a 6-7 round WR to work on ala crayton/austin evne though i ahte crayton.

Boldin, Hartline, Bess, and Ginn make a four quality receivers. A 3rd for Boldin is great value and 4th is even better.

This team needs an athletic tight-end desperately too.

Brandon Marshall will fit in great with the fins, Ok he has problems at times mostly because the dude needs to get paid, pay him and bring him in at least you know that he's proven what he can do. Shesh! i can't believe I even responded to that post. LOL

Can't stay on the field, Anquan has more yards going to the training room.

Where are all of the people who are DYING to deal for Brandon Marshall. If he's such a great talent, explain to me WHY we wouldn't go after him since everyone discounts the reasons I've stated that he's a gutterball off the field...

I'll hang up and listen.
Those people would be idiots who don't realize Marshall is one assault away from a year long suspension.

As for Boldin, just say no to giving up a high pick for a 29 year old, injury prone, expensive, WR on the decline.

Brandon Marshall will fit in great with the fins, Ok he has problems at times mostly because the dude needs to get paid, pay him and bring him in at least you know that he's proven what he can do. Shesh! i can't believe I even responded to that post. LOL
Yea, him not getting paid enough is the reason he smacks women around and is one assault away from a year long suspension... :rolleyes2:

Way I see is Miami needs to do what they did to the Cowboys a two years ago. Trade for Boldin, sign Dansby & try to aquire Rolle at all cost. That is three real good players who have Super Bowl experience. You get rid of the trash in Porter, Wilson and maybe even Crowder. Draft yourself a OLB or ILB & resign JT

Solid moves.

Truth is we've given up second's for a lot less. If I'm giving up a second for Beck, Pat White, Merling, I'd give up a third in a second for Quan. Worst case scenario, he sits out 6 games this next season. It'll still be a hell of a lot more productive than Pat White for a round less of the cost.

This is the update as of today from ESPN Insider Rumors:
We've been following the latest round of trade rumors related to Anquan Boldin, and we've heard some buzz as to what the Cardinals want (a second round draft pick), and what teams are willing to offer (a third). Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald had word from "two people in contact with the Dolphins" that they could envision the team offering a third round pick or later for Q.

One other team that has remained in the mix is the Patriots, although both Football Scientist KC Joyner and ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss think Bill Belichick and his crew will stand pat. Some other WR-needy teams that would make sense from a speculative standpoint are the Bucs, Chiefs, Jags, Lions, Panthers and Ravens. On Friday, Armando Salguero of The Miami Herald affirmed that the Fins "will absolutely discuss" trading for him. On the other hand, the Phinsider blog speculates that perhaps Boldin's rough-and-tumble style (and subsequent proneness to injury) will keep the Dolphins from investing too high a draft pick in return. There's a lot of buzz around Boldin-to-the-Dolphins right now.

Back
Top Bottom