MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats???

WOW...All this for a second round pick!! I hope a team with a pick a few spot higher than the Patsies see this and get involved.

Peppers would come really cheap for just a 2nd rounder.. And I'd hate to face him twice a year..
However if he just costs a 2nd rounder I wouldn't mind if we'd trade for him although I don't think we will..

Vic Carucci is on radio right now saying this is a very serious deal . Also , carolina did not want a 1st rd pick and wanted a 2nd round pick due to the money required to sign the 1st rounder. carolina want the 34 pick and does not want the 23rd pick.

It's near official - local boston radio just reported that peppers was spotted in NE.
MAN I SURE HOPE PARCELLS GOT SOMETHING UP HIS SLEEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
This is the LAST thing we wanted. Peppers is a MONSTER. To see him 2 times a year. In that confussing blitz happy NE defense

wow so the pats are now acting like the jets and trying to buy talent...

worked in 2007 when they bought Moss/Welker/Thomas/Stallworth.....

Vic Carucci is on radio right now saying this is a very serious deal . Also , carolina did not want a 1st rd pick and wanted a 2nd round pick due to the money required to sign the 1st rounder. carolina want the 34 pick and does not want the 23rd pick.

that is absolutely crazy! I can understand not wanting a top-5, even top-10 pick....but the financial difference between the 23rd pick and the 34th pick isn't that extreme....yet it could seriously affect your ability to get the player you want.

EDIT - I looked it up and the difference is more pronounced than I would have thought....about a $4 million difference in signing bonus....still crazy that they would choose a pick 10+ spots lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
They get away with the most ridiculous things, moss for a 4th?? Any no one wanted to offer higher?? Please. They cheated and get the steals of the NFL, kharma bit them last season and I have a feeling it will again this year. ROFL!! We'll just wild cat em all day.. f the pats.. they aint ****, as long as we can contain moss they got nothing.

that is absolutely crazy! I can understand not wanting a top-5, even top-10 pick....but the financial difference between the 23rd pick and the 34th pick isn't that extreme....yet it could seriously affect your ability to get the player you want.

It's not crazy, it's preposterous! Which leads me to believe that this is BS. No team in their right mind would prefer the 34th pick to the 23rd. Absolute WORST CASE scenario, you take the 23rd and trade out of it. If you can't get an extra 3rd rounder, you trade the 23rd for the 34th straight up on game day. But no team would ever decide a month before the draft that they'd prefer the 34th to the 23rd.

Back
Top Bottom