MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats???

Jake Long may have another guy to throw around and pancake, dont forget he will actually have a healthy line around him this year, none of this scrub guard BS like last year.

LMAO and ppl say NE was BUILT ONLY by the draft....

right...Harrison, FA pick up, Moss, FA, Stallworth, FA, Welker traded picks, Seau, FA, Evans, FA, Dillon, traded or FA cant rem, Springs, galloway, bodden etc etc

It's near official - local boston radio just reported that peppers was spotted in NE.
MAN I SURE HOPE PARCELLS GOT SOMETHING UP HIS SLEEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-

This is the LAST thing we wanted. Peppers is a MONSTER. To see him 2 times a year. In that confussing blitz happy NE defense
X2

LMAO and ppl say NE was BUILT ONLY by the draft....

right...Harrison, FA pick up, Moss, FA, Stallworth, FA, Welker traded picks, Seau, FA, Evans, FA, Dillon, traded or FA cant rem, Springs, galloway, bodden etc etc

Drafted...
Tom Brady
Logan Mankins
Matt Light
Dan Koppen
Richard Seymour
Vince Wilfork
Ty Warren
Jerod Mayo
Tedy Bruschi
Ellis Hobbs
Brandon Meriweather

10 of those are starters. 7 of them Pro Bowlers, and that's not including Kicker Stephen Gostkowski. Even Laurence Maroney had a productive 2nd half of 2007.

Those are just current Patriots. They've also drafted guys that helped significantly in Super Bowl seasons

Eugene Wilson
Asante Samuel
Ty Law
Willie McGinest
David Givens
Deion Branch

that is absolutely crazy! I can understand not wanting a top-5, even top-10 pick....but the financial difference between the 23rd pick and the 34th pick isn't that extreme....yet it could seriously affect your ability to get the player you want.

EDIT - I looked it up and the difference is more pronounced than I would have thought....about a $4 million difference in signing bonus....still crazy that they would choose a pick 10+ spots lower.

Where did you find information like that. Did you just look at previous draftee's salaries or is there a really nice chart somewhere on this world wide web. If so could you link because I would love to look at it.
Thanks

How about NOT knowing when and where he is comming from and his pass rushing ability.
sold now?

Playing OLB is not all about rushing the passer. I personally would love to see Peppers in coverage. I just think his best fit is as a base 4-3 end.

Drafted...
Tom Brady
Logan Mankins
Matt Light
Dan Koppen
Richard Seymour
Vince Wilfork
Ty Warren
Jerod Mayo
Tedy Bruschi
Ellis Hobbs
Brandon Meriweather

10 of those are starters. 7 of them Pro Bowlers, and that's not including Kicker Stephen Gostkowski. Even Laurence Maroney had a productive 2nd half of 2007.

Those are just current Patriots. They've also drafted guys that helped significantly in Super Bowl seasons

Eugene Wilson
Asante Samuel
Ty Law
Willie McGinest
David Givens
Deion Branch

merriweather is avg so far hobbs is overrated and brady was as lucky of a draft pick if NOT MORE then ZT adn JT combined was for us.

and of that last list, how many are on the taem now? exactly NONE. so what are they doing? using DRAFT picks to trade away for players and FA to obtain them.

merriweather is avg so far hobbs is overrated and brady was as lucky of a draft pick if NOT MORE then ZT adn JT combined was for us.

and of that last list, how many are on the taem now? exactly NONE. so what are they doing? using DRAFT picks to trade away for players and FA to obtain them.

Yeah I clearly said in my post that they were guys the Patriots drafted that helped them during Super Bowl runs. Notice those players weren't with the list of current Patriots. OBVIOUSLY they are no longer on the team. I don't care about your evaluation of the player, the point is those guys are important to the Patriots success and were drafted by the team. The point of my post is that the Patriots do build their team through the draft. Please learn to read and comprehend. Thanks.

It's not crazy, it's preposterous! Which leads me to believe that this is BS. No team in their right mind would prefer the 34th pick to the 23rd. Absolute WORST CASE scenario, you take the 23rd and trade out of it. If you can't get an extra 3rd rounder, you trade the 23rd for the 34th straight up on game day. But no team would ever decide a month before the draft that they'd prefer the 34th to the 23rd.

very well put, nice posr

Back
Top Bottom