MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats???

2nd Round Pick for Peppers??

With the Patriots reportedly closing in on a deal would you give up one of our 2nd round picks to acquire Peppers?

I would do it for 2 reasons.

1 - It makes us a better team. Yes it will chew up Cap Room but he is still relatively young and Parcells could build around him.

2 - The Patsies wouldn't get him. It would be like addition by subtraction. Do you want to go against this guy twice a year or have him 16 games a year.

I would be getting into these talks and I would be doing it now.

I could get used to seeing this!!!!!!!

The Pats pick is 34th so this is irrelevant.

Are we gonna swoop in and offer the 44th pick?

The Pats pick is 34th so this is irrelevant.

Are we gonna swoop in and offer the 44th pick?

So we kick in a 5th or 6th rounder or something. Don't say it is irrelevant. A 2nd Round pick alone is a steal so I don't see that throwing in a late rounder to boot or a conditional pick next year is irrelevant.

I think the panthers let this story loose in hopes of gaining a potential first round pick, not a higher second and late round pick.

I don't really think he's that great as an individual for the pay he'll command. A.Thomas was a basic waste for them so let them add another waste for top dollar, sounds good to me.

I just don't know if Peppers fits into a straight 3-4 scheme. The Pats play a hybrid 3-4, 4-3 combo that would probably maximize Peppers's talents. I am sure he would do fine with us, but I don't like the idea of giving up draft picks for non homegrown talent.

I would have done it for Fitzgerald last year when he was supposedly on the market, but he was about the only one. I say let New England have Peppers. They will only go as far as Brady allows them too, and with no Cassell behind him, they are on bad hit away from being irrelevant.

I just don't know if Peppers fits into a straight 3-4 scheme. The Pats play a hybrid 3-4, 4-3 combo that would probably maximize Peppers's talents. I am sure he would do fine with us, but I don't like the idea of giving up draft picks for non homegrown talent.

I would have done it for Fitzgerald last year when he was supposedly on the market, but he was about the only one. I say let New England have Peppers. They will only go as far as Brady allows them too, and with no Cassell behind him, they are on bad hit away from being irrelevant.

We played 4-3 schemes at times last year. In nickel and dime packages especially there were times when we would come out with 4 down linemen. It all depends on the matchups what we were coming out in. No matter what, Peppers is a heck of an athlete. Remember he was quick and agile enough to play College B-Ball too so he is not as stiff as the reporters are making him out to be. He would fare much better than Roth in Coverage and we made Roth work. If Roth can convert imagine what Peppers will do!!

I heard a rumor from my agent that the Patriots were trying to sign me. Hopefully the dolphins will pony up and pay me some dough because I like the beach much more than snow and arrogant people.

So we kick in a 5th or 6th rounder or something. Don't say it is irrelevant. A 2nd Round pick alone is a steal so I don't see that throwing in a late rounder to boot or a conditional pick next year is irrelevant.
no it would cost us a 2 AND 3 to take him away from the pats, since theres is very early and our picks are late. If i were Carolina, i would rather have early 2nd than a late 2nd and 5th

im so sick of these pats,are they in a league of their own.how do they get top notch players and still be under the freekin cap.then they franchise cassells and trade him what happens to that money on their cap when they traded cassells.wtf is going on

merriweather is avg so far hobbs is overrated and brady was as lucky of a draft pick if NOT MORE then ZT adn JT combined was for us.

and of that last list, how many are on the taem now? exactly NONE. so what are they doing? using DRAFT picks to trade away for players and FA to obtain them.

What they do is build & improve their roster by whatever means necessary.

Eugene Wilson - payed out his rookie contract and walked - signed by the bucs, released, and (i believe) out of the league

Asante Samuel - frnachised him, then let him go (per their agreement with Samuel). Will receive a 3rd rd pick for him this draft. Not bad when he was picked in the 4th

Ty Law - Signed before BB became the coach, played great and left for greener pastures. Pats got a comp pick in the end.

Willie McGinest Played in NE for years, then got more money from the Browns. Not sure if they got a comp pick, but I think they did.

David Givens - got offered a boatlaod and left in FA. Got hurt and never played much again

Deion Branch - He held out his last season so the Pats traded him for a 1st rd pick. Been hurt ever since.

Looks like a masterful job to me. Show me one team who plays the market better, then show me one team that signs all of it's own players.

Pats always have more than their alloted amount of picks. Soemtimes, there's no room on the roster for many of them. 2007 draft comes to mind. Only Maroney stuck. The rest were cut and ended up playing elsewhere in the NFL.

When a team has stunk for years, plenty of draftees and UDFA;s can make the roster. For good teams, that just isn't possible.

Back
Top Bottom