MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats???

peppers may not be a good "fit" for the 3-4. But a guy with JT in his prime speed and better size can adapt to anything I feel.

Im sick of the pats always getting these top tier players or a mid teir player who turns out to be great.

"IF" we really wanted him why not offer our first (9 picks in front of the Pats pick) for Pep and a 3rd or 4th.

OMG i would give up our 25th pick for Peppers. He would make our whole deffense better, he has great potential. Imagine this the triple threat Joey Porter, Cameron Wake, and Julius Peppers. Damb that would be sick. Besides we have two second round picks I would give those 2 up instead of the 1st. Trade for Peppers, dont let the Patsies get him I dont want to face him 2 times a year.

If the Patriots get Pepper Im going to be freaking pissed and guess who is keeping a close eye on Cutler the stinkin Jet and fat *** Ryan.

With the Patriots reportedly closing in on a deal would you give up one of our 2nd round picks to acquire Peppers?

I would do it for 2 reasons.

1 - It makes us a better team. Yes it will chew up Cap Room but he is still relatively young and Parcells could build around him.

2 - The Patsies wouldn't get him. It would be like addition by subtraction. Do you want to go against this guy twice a year or have him 16 games a year.

I would be getting into these talks and I would be doing it now.

I could get used to seeing this!!!!!!!
Parcells,Sparano & Ireland had said it before and again....

"We will NOT change our plan based on moves by other division rivals"

although,I'd(personally) love to see that too:up:

There are plenty of solid players "available", I don't want to move our first fir any if them. Waiting till #44 on draft day sounds too rough to me.

I'm saying this now, if the Patsies get Peppers, they will draft Maualuga. Then, our only saving grace (the advanced age of their LBs) is completely out the window as Adalius Thomas will be the only one over 30.

I could care less if the Patriots get Peppers. We still have Long.

If we wanted Peppers, we could have him in a heartbeat. The Panthers are very dissatisfied with Delhomme; however, they have no 1st pick and they have no money.

What they would let Peppers go for would be CHAD HENNE and a our late 2nd or perhaps even our 3rd and 5th.

Actually, if I were the Panthers, I'd be making a deal with the Broncos for Cutler.

I'm saying this now, if the Patsies get Peppers, they will draft Maualuga. Then, our only saving grace (the advanced age of their LBs) is completely out the window as Adalius Thomas will be the only one over 30.

if they get peppers and Maualuga, is there a better front 7 in football??????

A thomas and peppers on either side and mayo and maualuga behind seymour wilford and warren...........frightening!!!!!!!!!

BUT WE GOT JAKE THE GIANT!!!!!!:up:

the GM for the Panthers said that they arnt talking to the pats

The Panthers can't talk to anyone because Peppers has not signed his Franchise Tender. However Peppers and his Agent can talk to teams about a contract because he was given the Non-Exclusive Rights Franchise Tender. This means that any team that makes him an offer if the Panthers don't match the team signing him would have to give up like two 1st Round Picks and a 3rd I believe. However if Peppers gets a contract in order, he may work a sign and trade with the Panthers, where he would sign his Tender so the Panthers COULD talk about trading him.

It's weird but that's what Marty Hurney seems to be implying. I think the clause at play here is the one in the CBA that says a team can't use the franchise tag unless they're serious about keeping the player. Maybe that means the player and agent have to do all of the negotiating, or give permission to the team in order to do negotiating.

I don't understand. Why don't the Panthers take the higher pick and just trade down???? Something smells fishy here.

I get your point...But with a healthy Brady and the receivers they have they are always a threat in the playoffs. Shore up that aging defense with a few young players and a couple proven vets...Now they are a legit SB threat. NE could have had a legit playoff run last year with a team that lost a lot of pieces but held it together. 11-5 is an incredible coaching job by Billacheat with a porous defense. With four picks in the first two rounds these guys will be back at next year. God I hate the Pats.

How do you know Brady will be healthy or anywhere close to the QB he was before. Seems like all of you guys are forgetting who won the AFC East last year. :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom