MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats??? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats???

I just want Ken Lucas and Jason Taylor. Then I don't care who they sign.

But right now, it doesn't look good.

sorry espn sprots center said they will use the pick they got for cassell and another

its cuz they history of WINNING!. Everyone wants a ring and the pats are the best chance to get one, them and steelers.

who cares? letem have peppers. i dont feel threatened whatsoever. we are building our own gig here.

last I heard it was his agent talking to the team, but both teams cannot contact each other.

Here's a slice from Armando's blog:

That report fails to note that Peppers has not signed the exclusive rights franchise tag tender the Panthers hung on him several weeks ago. And the Panthers cannot speak with Patriots about such a deal unless that tender is signed. So The Charlotte Observer is reporting the teams have not talked.

But that doesn't mean Peppers' agent and the Patriots cannot talk. And the NFL.com report indeed suggests trade parameters have been worked out, with New England sending Carolina the No. 34 overall pick in the draft, the second-round pick it got from Kansas City for Matt Cassel, in exchange for Peppers.

Did you read the article before you made this thread?
According to league sources, the Patriots and Panthers are hoping to complete the deal at some point between the March 22-25 NFL owners meetings and the start of the draft on April 25. However, a deal must be brokered by Peppers' agent, not Carolina, because the player hasn't signed the $16.68 million franchise tender the team gave him last month.

So let me get this straight New England sends Cassel to KC for a 2nd round pick and we all laugh and say they got screwed myself included. With that 2nd round pick they are going to get one of the top 3 defensive ends in the league. God Damn Bellicheat steps and **** and smells like a rose every time!!! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It does pay to win, but the Pats haven't exactly been a dynasty lately. They haven't won a title since 04' and didn't even make the playoffs last season. You would think these good players would want to play for the likes of the Steelers and Colts, not the Patriots.

They might, but neither of those teams tend to do much in free agency.

Someone please explain to me how the Patriots have enough salary cap room to fit Julius Peppers and his 17 million dollars under the cap? Cassel was tying up 10 million. How can they fit the other 7 million? Plus shawn Springs (2 Million), plus Lee Bodden (2 Million) plus Joey Galloway (1 Million) plus Chris Baker (2 Million) etc. Is the league looking into their finances? They should.

And give me a break, Julius Peppers for a 2nd round pick? Please. Carolina franchised him precisely because they weren’t going to take anything less than a first (two firsts actually). Why is this allowed to occur? Doesn’t seem just a little odd that Carolina would part with their franchise player for less than a first????

Shady stuff going on. Sorry. I don’t buy it.

Most of it is likely just a rumor spread by Peppers agent. Pepper himself has already gone on record that he a) wants to go to a team playing a 3-4, b) wants to go to the AFC, and c) wants to go to a team competing for a ring.

He controls the situation. Unless the Panthers think he will not hold out, they have to make a trade to a team that he'll negitiate a new deal with. Evidently he has a list of 2 or 3 teams that he'd go to.

As to the Pats cap, you're right. They could not make the trade anytime soon. They are only about $6M under the cap at teh moment.

I don't see how they could do a deal without wholesale changes to a bunch of contracts and if Peppers would let them push a bulk of the money to next year (gauranteed money of course).

I hope they get Peppers, I will laugh all season long. Even if he is a monster with 25 sacks this season. He will cost at least 13M a yr....with a discount. Im thinking Albert Haynesworth really hurt the Pats. Wilfolk will be a FA next yr....Im sure he'll be looking for somewhere in that ballpark figure. Tie up the money he would cost in Peppers and see how effective it is when teams are running the ball down their throats bc they don't h ave that monster in the middle anymore. MAKE THE MOVE PATS!!!

Back
Top Bottom