MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats??? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED X7: Peppers To Pats???

What they do is build & improve their roster by whatever means necessary.

Eugene Wilson - payed out his rookie contract and walked - signed by the bucs, released, and (i believe) out of the league

Asante Samuel - frnachised him, then let him go (per their agreement with Samuel). Will receive a 3rd rd pick for him this draft. Not bad when he was picked in the 4th

Ty Law - Signed before BB became the coach, played great and left for greener pastures. Pats got a comp pick in the end.

Willie McGinest Played in NE for years, then got more money from the Browns. Not sure if they got a comp pick, but I think they did.

David Givens - got offered a boatlaod and left in FA. Got hurt and never played much again

Deion Branch - He held out his last season so the Pats traded him for a 1st rd pick. Been hurt ever since.

Looks like a masterful job to me. Show me one team who plays the market better, then show me one team that signs all of it's own players.

Pats always have more than their alloted amount of picks. Soemtimes, there's no room on the roster for many of them. 2007 draft comes to mind. Only Maroney stuck. The rest were cut and ended up playing elsewhere in the NFL.

When a team has stunk for years, plenty of draftees and UDFA;s can make the roster. For good teams, that just isn't possible.

NO PLAYOFFS IN 2008 :lol2:

I would do it without blinking. Of course, you don't want to start throwing money out everywhere, but a second pass rusher with Peppers' skills? That's a no brainer IMHO. No matter the cap situation, if you have an opportunity to get Peppers, you make room for him.

Parcells,Sparano & Ireland had said it before and again....

"We will NOT change our plan based on moves by other division rivals"

although,I'd(personally) love to see that too:up:

That is true...but also can be a smoke screen. lol...

The first thing a team has to do is win in the division. Teams are built to be the best in the division. When teams stack a certain positions other teams in the division counter the move the best they can. It may be the draft, a trade or a free agent. But they are going to prepare for division teams first.

Once the team has a powerhouse team in the division, they will spend more time getting players to help counter conference teams. Chances are right now if you are going to the superbowl this coming season. You are going to need to be able to score on Pitt's defense, stop Indy's offense, stop the spread attack from the Pats, and score on the Ravens defense.

So all in all...if a player joins a team, it's not just because a division opponent has better counter players. The player must still fit this teams scheme now & in the future. After the team has built is foundation, it prepares for the division, then the conference...

We have a good foundation to build on just like other playoff hopefull teams. We will be addressing the CB's, NT, OLB, ILB, G, WR in this draft and be ready to defend our division title.

GO FINS!!!

If the Patriots get Pepper Im going to be freaking pissed and guess who is keeping a close eye on Cutler the stinkin Jet and fat *** Ryan.

I honestly do not see Cutler going to the Jets.. The broncos would need to replace Culter right away and the Jets have nothing to offer.. the only possiblities I see are Detroit or Cleveland because Detroit could trade their #1 overall and the broncos could draft Stafford or Cleveland could trade either Anderson or Quinn + draft picks and the Broncos would have a qb.. What could the Jets offer?

Cheating Patriots Again???

Someone please explain to me how the Patriots have enough salary cap room to fit Julius Peppers and his 17 million dollars under the cap? Cassel was tying up 10 million. How can they fit the other 7 million? Plus shawn Springs (2 Million), plus Lee Bodden (2 Million) plus Joey Galloway (1 Million) plus Chris Baker (2 Million) etc. Is the league looking into their finances? They should.

And give me a break, Julius Peppers for a 2nd round pick? Please. Carolina franchised him precisely because they weren’t going to take anything less than a first (two firsts actually). Why is this allowed to occur? Doesn’t seem just a little odd that Carolina would part with their franchise player for less than a first????

Shady stuff going on. Sorry. I don’t buy it.

i hate it too but its prob not cheating haha .. the #34 pick is almost a first and its not like carolina was getting any bites asking for 2 1st rounders..

You understand how the salary cap system works right? How it changes. That will help explain to you some. Also to say that about Peppers going for a 2nd. It is possible. Look at Cassel and vrable going for a second. He was franchised too. The thing is, neither of those teams that franchised them plans on paying them that much. And when they are traded, they will probably be signing a new contract.

Peppers to NE

It was reported on NFL.com that a deal is in the works for Peppers going to NE for high 2nd round pick. If that happens, is it bad news for the rest of the AFC east teams? With The Fins Oline I think we have a good counter. Seems to me that NE is trying to rebuild through FA. What do you guys think.......

It was reported on NFL.com that a deal is in the works for Peppers going to NE for high 2nd round pick. If that happens, is it bad news for the rest of the AFC east teams? With The Fins Oline I think we have a good counter. Seems to me that NE is trying to rebuild through FA. What do you guys think.......

I personally don't want to see tht happen, but, for all the people that were dogging Peppers when we were talking about him coming here, I don't think it's that big a deal.

Man i dont care, he is going to go there and flop. Jake Long is going to whomp dat azz. He is a 4-3 DE not a 3-4 DE or OLB. If we draft Herman Johnson this year we will have the best Oline with subs in the league. I put both nutz on that one. 13-3!!!!! Lets do it!

Back
Top Bottom