Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009?

as long as folks keep getting suckered into this "defense wins championships"
nonsense, we will be picking top 3 for YEARS to come!!

MICHAEL CRABTREE should ABSOLUTLEY be the top pick.

ok, several have said "i dont want a wr early".

we have followed that thought for YEARS now.

and we have averaged 17 points a game in that time span.

and probably less this year!

even when our core derfense with zack and jt and surtain and
maddison were here, we DID NOT WIN! we did NOT make the playoffs!

because we had NO talent at wr!! we could NOT put any points on the board
and our guys scared NO ONE!!

if we keep saying dont take a wr early, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, we will
be the same kind of team we are now.

when SKILL POSITIONS fall into your hands, you TAKE IT! qb, wr, rb, whatever.

and we have been BURNED over and over by passing it up.

WR and or DB should be the absolute focus in the coming draft and free
agency.

i LOVE ray maluaga [sp?]. but he will not change the score board one
bit. ok, maybe we lose 27-10 instead of 31-10.

if we had boldin and fitz, all these players, both on offense and defense
would be looking so much different.

MP08!!
You mean like the Giants got suckered into winning the SB last year with their defense against the most successful offense ever? Or like the Dolts got suckered into finally winning one when they developed a good defense rather than relying on one of the most potent offenses ever? I could give more examples if you like.

A WR taken high again would be a huge mistake, particularly if it's a WR from a gimmick offense like TT.

You mean like the Giants got suckered into winning the SB last year with their defense against the most successful offense ever? Or like the Dolts got suckered into finally winning one when they developed a good defense rather than relying on one of the most potent offenses ever? I could give more examples if you like.

A WR taken high again would be a huge mistake, particularly if it's a WR from a gimmick offense like TT.

true but the difference is they ALL have a number 1 WR. we dont. plax for the giants, harrison/wayne for the colts, etc etc.

Defense will get us more opportunities to score on offense BUT you need playmakers on offense too and we dont have it. so its hand in hand for THIS team. you take BPA no matter what b/c we are head and shoulders below many teams in the league. If we go Asomugha in FA and Colombo at RT, we can then let carey walk and not drop the amount he'll ask for especially for a guy thats 350 and can't block neone so far this season.

now you can go LBer round 1, a OLB rounder 2A and a WR 2B or vic versa. either way we need LBers, CB, and WR more hten ever before.

and for those taht say Bell is a playmaker he isnt THAT good. watch teh TD vs the cards, he "tripped" and was "out of position" to make the INT. as usual with our DB's for the past 23423 years.

true but the difference is they ALL have a number 1 WR. we dont. plax for the giants, harrison/wayne for the colts, etc etc.

Defense will get us more opportunities to score on offense BUT you need playmakers on offense too and we dont have it. so its hand in hand for THIS team. you take BPA no matter what b/c we are head and shoulders below many teams in the league. If we go Asomugha in FA and Colombo at RT, we can then let carey walk and not drop the amount he'll ask for especially for a guy thats 350 and can't block neone so far this season.

now you can go LBer round 1, a OLB rounder 2A and a WR 2B or vic versa. either way we need LBers, CB, and WR more hten ever before.

and for those taht say Bell is a playmaker he isnt THAT good. watch teh TD vs the cards, he "tripped" and was "out of position" to make the INT. as usual with our DB's for the past 23423 years.
Yes, eventually we need a solid #1 WR (and I still haven't given up on Ginn), but I place LB, DB, and possibly even another OL above WR. I don't like drafting WR's very high in the first place. Yes, occasionally you get a game-changing WR like Moss, but it's rare, and even then I put a good defense as more important, especially on a rebuilding team.

My ideal draft isn't centered on one person. I'm hoping for an LB or DB in the first round, and a LB, DB, OL, or WR in the second round (so glad we have 2).

Heres what id love to see happen.

First round, draft rey Maulagua. Second round draft Michael Hamlin AND Ricky sapp.
Third Round, draft Domonique johnson( 6-2 200 IBs runs a 4.40).

In FA, sign roy williams, re-sign vernon carey(or sign jordan gross), sign Karlos Dansby, chris gamble, and re-sign Will allen(nothing big, maybe 2-3 year extension). Also, if JA proves nothin this year and gets the boot, we should take a look ak Dawan Landry from the ravens.

To me, this is a PERFECT offseason plan, But i dont know if we have the cap space to do it. And i dont know what to with the NT position. Hopefully, Jason Ferguson plays for one more year.

Back
Top Bottom