Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009?

From what i've read about him and seen, the guy seems like a bonafide NFL playmaker. heres a draft bio about him.

Dude looked like a demon possessed football seeking nuclear weapon vs OSU last week. My wife was watching halfway with me while she was reading on the couch...She looks up one time when he was running the INT back for a TD and she goes..."He scares me. He looks crazy." :lol:

Dude looked like a demon possessed football seeking nuclear weapon vs OSU last week. My wife was watching halfway with me while she was reading on the couch...She looks up one time when he was running the INT back for a TD and she goes..."He scares me. He looks crazy." :lol:

THAT is definitely the type of guy we need on the team. The team needs that emotional leader that plays with intensity. Watching the game last week i could tell the wind was totally out of the sails from both sides of the ball. We need a culture change and a guy that has his skills should be a firestarter or at least just the spark we need.

Has a team ever had the #1 pick two years in a row?

I'm hoping for Mauluga as well.

although, Laurinaitis is an Animal....:foundout:

Crabtree all day, I'm officially on the bandwagon.
i agree,we do need WR in a big way,but if Mauluga falls right into our laps come draft day,i don't see how we can pass on him. like Baltimore did with Ray Lewis,i feel our defense can be built around Mauluga. he brings good football instincts,monsterous hard hitting,and the kind of energy that his team mates will feed off. his partner Brian Cushing is another LB i think will be good in the Pros also.

Crabtree all day, I'm officially on the bandwagon.
i agree,we do need WR in a big way,but if Mauluga falls right into our laps come draft day,i don't see how we can pass on him. like Baltimore did with Ray Lewis,i feel our defense can be built around Mauluga. he brings good football instincts,monsterous hard hitting,and the kind of energy that his team mates will feed off of. his partner Brian Cushing is another LB i think will be good in the Pros also.

I definitely DON'T want us drafting a WR with our first pick next year. :refuse:

Stick with a stud defensive player who can help solidify the team for many years. :up:

I guess Rey Rey is more likely a possibility now because the management has refused to extend Crowder's contract. I guess things could change but it's not looking good for Crowder being a Phin past this year! :(

On the other hand, I would love to sign Asomugha and still draft Vontae Davis. That would solve our CB problems for sure.

Check this out...Rey Rey! at MLB, Orakapu at OLB in round 2, and get yourself a WR wiht the 2nd pick in round 2.

On Def. you have Merling at RE, Langford at LE, Solai at NT and Starks has been playing very well for us this year so far, as the back up. You got yourself hte base foundation of the front 7. All you need is to build the secondary and it can start with Asomugha in FA. Picking him up, allen at #2, and a draftee in round 3 as your 3rd if not 4th behind lehan cuz allen is a FA after next year but so far he'd be a great resignee. and the best part is, this D right there is PHYSICAL, STRONG, and very fast.

Check this out...Rey Rey! at MLB, Orakapu at OLB in round 2, and get yourself a WR wiht the 2nd pick in round 2.

On Def. you have Merling at RE, Langford at LE, Solai at NT and Starks has been playing very well for us this year so far, as the back up. You got yourself hte base foundation of the front 7. All you need is to build the secondary and it can start with Asomugha in FA. Picking him up, allen at #2, and a draftee in round 3 as your 3rd if not 4th behind lehan cuz allen is a FA after next year but so far he'd be a great resignee. and the best part is, this D right there is PHYSICAL, STRONG, and very fast.

I'd be ok with that. My main concern though, is getting that secondary upgraded and squared away. Rey Rey is a solid pick obviously, but I am not sold yet on Orakpo. I need to see more of this guy before I jump on board with him. I would much rather have Everette Brown at this point or Brian Cushing if he was available. That all goes out the door if we don't sign Asomugha though, because then we need Vontae over Rey, no question about it. If we don't re-sign Crowder, then I can still live with Ayodele and Torbor in the middle. But I can't deal with another year of Will Allen and Andre Goodman outside!

i havn'te heard/seen much of brown. whats his game like etc? strenghts weaknesses?

as long as folks keep getting suckered into this "defense wins championships"
nonsense, we will be picking top 3 for YEARS to come!!

MICHAEL CRABTREE should ABSOLUTLEY be the top pick.

ok, several have said "i dont want a wr early".

we have followed that thought for YEARS now.

and we have averaged 17 points a game in that time span.

and probably less this year!

even when our core derfense with zack and jt and surtain and
maddison were here, we DID NOT WIN! we did NOT make the playoffs!

because we had NO talent at wr!! we could NOT put any points on the board
and our guys scared NO ONE!!

if we keep saying dont take a wr early, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, we will
be the same kind of team we are now.

when SKILL POSITIONS fall into your hands, you TAKE IT! qb, wr, rb, whatever.

and we have been BURNED over and over by passing it up.

WR and or DB should be the absolute focus in the coming draft and free
agency.

i LOVE ray maluaga [sp?]. but he will not change the score board one
bit. ok, maybe we lose 27-10 instead of 31-10.

if we had boldin and fitz, all these players, both on offense and defense
would be looking so much different.

MP08!!

Back
Top Bottom