Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009?

Lets hope we don't have a bunch of idiots for scouts like we have had over the years. We don't need any more big-time flops in the draft!!!

Tim Tebow leaving after is junior year, i dont think so. and isnt Knoshown M. only a soph this year, dont think he can even make the draft.

Moreno,Crabtree and Macklin are all sophomores, BUT they are RS sophomores so they can enter if they want to as they are all 2 years removed from HS.

Crabtree going 15th....uh I dont think so

He's putting up insane numbers yes, but a lot of WRs have put up insane numbers at Texas Tech. Plus he has the same questions other tall WRs will have; can he get separation. Mike Williams (a guy many considered the best player in his draft) could not and is now out of the league. If Crabtree runs a slow 40, he will fall.

I don't know if I'd say we're the worst team in the league yet. KC has looked really bad, as has St. Louis, and you can even make a case for Detroit. We looked awful against Arizona yes, but we didn't look horrible against the Jets (minus the 2 TDs).

I really want Rey Mauluga on this team, but after watching our 2 games, I might have to swallow my pride and say we have to take either Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins.

I reallllllllllllllly like Rey Rey. I watch him every week and man is he someone that changes the face of a team. he sets a nice tone. Also Jenkins is i think a bit overrated. Ive seen him play and he doenst do anythign where I see him as a top 5-10 pick for some reason. We still have 9 more games to check him out so we'll see.

I see holliday gone as starks is making more of an impact then holliday which is great, merling will start at RE next year 100%, I think Porter is gone next year cuz I see miami drafting 2 Lbers next year, a MLB and an OLB and one of roth or porter will be replaced via FA and the other via draft. I want to see RB # and cap space cuz i haev a feeling he might be gone next year for a pick w/e we can get cuz he is under contract year i believe after that. JA will be cut. Hagan is goodbye sanchez. wilford as well. You will see lots of capspace freed up for sure as if we dindt already. I suspect about 40 mill to spend if not a bit more. we alreayd have i think 19 mill under righT?

Davis on the other hand, all i hear is he will be hte next shut down corner in the nfl but i haven't seen him play so im not sure. I can't comment yet on that. I wonder if miami will spend the money on Asomugha since we have lots of $ to spend already and lots of cuts will be on the way im sure.

I reallllllllllllllly like Rey Rey. I watch him every week and man is he someone that changes the face of a team. he sets a nice tone. Also Jenkins is i think a bit overrated. Ive seen him play and he doenst do anythign where I see him as a top 5-10 pick for some reason. We still have 9 more games to check him out so we'll see.

I see holliday gone as starks is making more of an impact then holliday which is great, merling will start at RE next year 100%, I think Porter is gone next year cuz I see miami drafting 2 Lbers next year, a MLB and an OLB and one of roth or porter will be replaced via FA and the other via draft. I want to see RB # and cap space cuz i haev a feeling he might be gone next year for a pick w/e we can get cuz he is under contract year i believe after that. JA will be cut. Hagan is goodbye sanchez. wilford as well. You will see lots of capspace freed up for sure as if we dindt already. I suspect about 40 mill to spend if not a bit more. we alreayd have i think 19 mill under righT?

Davis on the other hand, all i hear is he will be hte next shut down corner in the nfl but i haven't seen him play so im not sure. I can't comment yet on that. I wonder if miami will spend the money on Asomugha since we have lots of $ to spend already and lots of cuts will be on the way im sure.

I guess Rey Rey is more likely a possibility now because the management has refused to extend Crowder's contract. I guess things could change but it's not looking good for Crowder being a Phin past this year! :(

On the other hand, I would love to sign Asomugha and still draft Vontae Davis. That would solve our CB problems for sure.

I'll cast another vote for Vontae Davis. As a Buckeye fan, I'll admit that Malcolm Jenkins is a bit overrated. He was shredded by a few lesser WR's last year, and there's a lot of talk that he may be a better FS prospect than a CB prospect given his ability to play the run. In the first half against USC, he made a few plays vs. the run which were pretty nice, but he didn't look good in pass coverage the entire game. I think Davis is a more physical cover CB, and if we re-sign Will Allen, we have a nice 1 - 2 combo there.

Personally, I'd be happy with either, but the fact that Vernon Davis has been a little bit of a bust in SF despite all his god-given ability makes me a little weary of Vontae. I know that is kind of an elementary reason to be weary, but I can't help being a tad concerned. Also, you say that Jenkins is a tad overrated, but even so, OSU is a factory for corners in the NFL and haven't put out a whole lot of bad ones IMO. Even Youboty, who didn't look all that special his first couple years, is finally catching on and looks like a nice young player now for Buffalo.

Really like your mock draft. Is Brace similar in style to B.J. Raji? I know they're both BC products with similar size, but living in Cincy, we don't see much BC action.

I'd say they are about identical in stature, style, and productivity from what I've seen of BC in the last couple of years. Both are perfect NT candidates for our 3-4.

I'm going to start combing through NCAA Football to see who we will be our #1 pick

Since we are pretty much going to have the #1 pick again, who are some of players you'd like to see come in here and help us turn this around? :boohoo: I feel like we are the Titanic, sitting on the Ocean floor at over 2,000ft deep looking up, can't even see light, trying to rise to the surface.

we definitely won't have the number one pick. maybe 3rd or 4th. wouldn't mind picking a receiver like michael crabtree. i looked at some mock drafts and some have us picking matthew stafford the quarterback. why would we do that when we clearly picked henne this last draft?

we definitely need some more defensive help especially in the secondary.

we definitely won't have the number one pick. maybe 3rd or 4th. wouldn't mind picking a receiver like michael crabtree. i looked at some mock drafts and some have us picking matthew stafford the quarterback. why would we do that when we clearly picked henne this last draft?

we definitely need some more defensive help especially in the secondary.
Matt Stafford? :sidelol:

I'd rather take a stab at it with Beck (I'm a Henne fan) than touch that guy. The way things are going, I don't think we are going to win any games for quite sometime.

the best blocking te Brandon Pettigrew would be awesome with Fasino and I would get rid of two wrs and trade for a big wr then this will free up for a cb and maybe we ought to get 2 wrs and 2 safeties.

Matt Stafford? :sidelol:

I'd rather take a stab at it with Beck (I'm a Henne fan) than touch that guy. The way things are going, I don't think we are going to win any games for quite sometime.

same here. this season is a blessing in disguise, our weaknesses are magnified being this lousy, and chad henne gets to play in garbage time. what more can you ask for. at least we know where we need to upgrade positions come next year.

Back
Top Bottom