Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009?

id like to see what henne can do if he will bust or not...cause i realy wouldnt want to pass up on a player like tebow

I'd rather not spend another high pick on a reciever. What does everyone think about Mauluga and Laurinaitis? Who would you rather have? Having only watched a couple games, Laurinaitis seems involved in every tackle/play but Mauluga is making the big plays.

If were picking in the top 7 these are some of the guys ide look at in no specific order, not all will be available obviously

rey rey
michael johnson
crabtree
whoever emerges as the top cb(davis or jenkins) i like davis cause hes real physical

I don't know if I'd say we're the worst team in the league yet. KC has looked really bad, as has St. Louis, and you can even make a case for Detroit. We looked awful against Arizona yes, but we didn't look horrible against the Jets (minus the 2 TDs).

I really want Rey Mauluga on this team, but after watching our 2 games, I might have to swallow my pride and say we have to take either Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins.

I'll cast another vote for Vontae Davis. As a Buckeye fan, I'll admit that Malcolm Jenkins is a bit overrated. He was shredded by a few lesser WR's last year, and there's a lot of talk that he may be a better FS prospect than a CB prospect given his ability to play the run. In the first half against USC, he made a few plays vs. the run which were pretty nice, but he didn't look good in pass coverage the entire game. I think Davis is a more physical cover CB, and if we re-sign Will Allen, we have a nice 1 - 2 combo there.

I'll cast another vote for Vontae Davis. As a Buckeye fan, I'll admit that Malcolm Jenkins is a bit overrated. He was shredded by a few lesser WR's last year, and there's a lot of talk that he may be a better FS prospect than a CB prospect given his ability to play the run. In the first half against USC, he made a few plays vs. the run which were pretty nice, but he didn't look good in pass coverage the entire game. I think Davis is a more physical cover CB, and if we re-sign Will Allen, we have a nice 1 - 2 combo there.

see, i think the opposite, i watched for Jenkins on purpose and i saw 1 pass on him in the first half and Jenkins hit the WR as the ball got there, he had good coverage on it.

Any of the top CBs would be fine, but, boy......Maguluga...OR however it's spelled from USC looks really, really, really good. And he'd fill in for Crowder nicely. Dude looked GREAT on Saturday night.

Tim Tebow leaving after is junior year, i dont think so. and isnt Knoshown M. only a soph this year, dont think he can even make the draft.

Back
Top Bottom