Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009?

IMO we need a CB, a safety, a Big WR (crabtreeeee) and an elite pass rusher are the most pressing needs...an ILB would be good but not necessary... the thing is... which one would have the biggest impact and potential for a long professional career ? i'm not sold on crabtree from those standpoints but talent-wise, he's the best bet for us along with rey maualuga

why dont we think rey maualuga? without a doubt the best player in college football.. you can get a gem at wide in the 2nd round. this team has a ways to go, at least we solved our run defense... two good showings in a row.. kendall langford is looking better every day!

if we do get the #1 pick, trade it for more even if we have to sell it cheaper than we'd like. we've far too many holes to have 2 #1 picks on board with all the risk that brings.

Nah, WR will be added via free agency or by trade. Can't have too many rookies, need some proven players, or we will be in the cellar again.

Yeh I agree. After looking at the prospects. It looks like DT would be a waste with a high pick. We need to see if Henne can make our wide receivers look better. If so, we may can take a wide receiver in a later round. If we have a shot at Maualuga then I guess you have to take him. Otherwise I would work on the defensive backfield.

2009 Draft

Well.....

I pray it's too early to start but given what we've seen so far.....who do we take with the 1st pick in the 2009 draft?

I cannot stress how much I want Rey Mauluga on this team. However, after watching the game today, Vontae Davis is looking really good (Malcolm Jenkins would be fine too, I just prefer Davis)

I've gotta think that Parcells will be looking for his elite rush linebacker. Don't know if there's one out there, but I've heard Selvie's name tossed around a little bit. Don't know anything about him, but looking at the measurables and the stats, he'd seem to make sense. I wouldn't count out Maualuga or one of the DB's either, but I just think he'll be looking for his LT/Ware.

I definitely think we need to address WR early, as well. Whether or not Ginn pans out, you can't have too many targets. We need that big athletic playmaker. Would be great if we could unearth a Greg Jennings in round 2 or 3.

I don't see them taking a center. Despite the fact that Satele has been plenty shaky, I still think they can turn him into a player.

Don't worry...we got at least 5 long term starters out of this draft, including key positions LT, QB, and 2 DE's. Do it again next year and we're well on our way.

St Louis and KC both look worse than we do and you can possibly throw the Bungles in to that group too.

Selvie or Malugula look like the best bets . . . both are LB's, and both would fit what we are trying to do in the 3-4. Outside shot at a Tackle, depending on the Carey situation.

Id love to get Rey Rey but what I wonder is this...say we have top 3 pick and we stay, and if all 4 of these players shine who do we go for, crabtree? need at WR? Rey? or a Selvie? a CB such as vonte or jenkins? thats whats going to make it tough.

If we are picking in the Top 3, I say Michael Johnson from Georgia Tech, for our Rush Linebacker. Anywhere outside of that, we need either Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins BADLY!!

Back
Top Bottom