Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x8: Who should we take with the #1 pick in 2009?

Judging from Parcells drafting history, we'll be going LB, then maybe WR, but most likely DB. Depends on what's available in the middle to end of the rounds though. :d-day:

We'll without a doubt draft a safety, a OLB, a WR and a CB in the draft, i'm right there with ya, it depends which class is the deepest in talent ... safety seems pretty deep and we might've missed out on our opportunity this year to get a cornerback..there were a lotta good ones available when we chose phillip merling, they went by their draft chart and value obviously but a solid, young cornerback would've been a better pick IMO... especially with the Langford selection

We'll without a doubt draft a safety, a OLB, a WR and a CB in the draft, i'm right there with ya, it depends which class is the deepest in talent ... safety seems pretty deep and we might've missed out on our opportunity this year to get a cornerback..there were a lotta good ones available when we chose phillip merling, they went by their draft chart and value obviously but a solid, young cornerback would've been a better pick IMO... especially with the Langford selection
I disagree 100%. Langford is looking like he's going to be the steal of the draft where we drafted him and the two have allowed us to possibly square away one of the two most important parts of a team: the lines.

I disagree 100%. Langford is looking like he's going to be the steal of the draft where we drafted him and the two have allowed us to possibly square away one of the two most important parts of a team: the lines.

yeah i wasn't questionning the Langford pick, rather the selection of merling AND Langford. We have a lotta bodies in the trenches and it's a good thing, but i would rather have one more young corner out there than having 2 rookie D-ends (3 actually, with Dotson), especially with the randy starks signing

not sure where we will be in the draft next year we wont be number 1 though....hope its not a WR in the first round though even though we need a roster full of new ones....personally i hope we go db or possibly o-line again in the first round

Judging from Parcells drafting history, we'll be going LB, then maybe WR, but most likely DB. Depends on what's available in the middle to end of the rounds though. :d-day:

I think we will go LBer as often as we went linemen and we will go CB and a S for sure and WR with a possible TE as they have a tendency to constantly draft TEs for some reason.

Also have an eye out for a RB in the late rounds again.

a NT isnt out of hte question either.

not sure where we will be in the draft next year we wont be number 1 though....hope its not a WR in the first round though even though we need a roster full of new ones....personally i hope we go db or possibly o-line again in the first round

I agree to an extent...

If we're in position to grab the top offensive tackle again (Michael Oher or Andre Smith) I wouldn't rule it out....especially if Carey's contract isn't extended...I think Oher is a better prospect than Jake Long anyway...

I'd like to build the most dominant offensive line in the league for Chad Henne and Ronnie Brown...

If Satele doesn't improve....I wouldn't rule out the top center prospect (Alex Mack) either....I haven't seen a guy get to second level like this kid since Kevin Mawae came out of LSU.....amazing player this guy is....immediate starter and future pro bowler at center for some team IMO.

There are to many OLB/DE types for BP to pass on assuming that we are drafting between 5-15 in this draft and assuming that the Jr OLB come out. I could see us going for a couple of OLB's in the first 3 picks. This draft is deep with the hybird types that fit our scheme well and frankly we are very weak long term at both of those positions. I think our first three picks will be defense OLB, CB and OLB or NT. WR is a position that we will target in FA.

my pick for our 1st round selection in the draft next year:

VONTAE DAVIS

we need a DB to compliment WILL on the other side or WOULD YOU BE SAFE WITH GOODMAN OR GOD KNOWS WHOEVER ELSE WE HAVE???

my pick for our 1st round selection in the draft next year:

VONTAE DAVIS

we need a DB to compliment WILL on the other side or WOULD YOU BE SAFE WITH GOODMAN OR GOD KNOWS WHOEVER ELSE WE HAVE???
:boohoo:

my point exactly Miami..I'd pretty damn close to feeling that way now as Sunday approaches. Will can only do but so much against Boldin, aww hell they'll switch both him and Fitz THE ENTIRE GAME TO EXPLOIT OUR WEAKNESS. Damn I'm gonna have to drink myself into a stupor Sunday morning. FINGERS CROSSED THE SECONDARY PLAYS "SOLID" AT BEST!!!:(

306220971_52160ae780_o-1.jpg

He should be our first round pick...

Per Mike Mayock; this years draft will feature a number of quality ILB's and OLB's.

Back
Top Bottom