(Merged xbunch))Clayton says Wallace deal is 5 years/$65 million, $13yr | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged xbunch))Clayton says Wallace deal is 5 years/$65 million, $13yr

Don't be surprised if the Vikings get Jennings and Cruz. Spielman likes to big moves in free agency.

The Vikes may be freeing up money to sign both Jennings and Loadholt their RT. They like Jennings because it helps them and hurts the Packers.

According to rotoworld he played in 94% of the total Vikings defensive snaps last year and didn't allow a TD. I don't think he is washed up

You have to remember that D's are almost always in the nickle now. Living up here in Minnesota when not watching the Fins on DirecTV I watch all of the Vikes games because after the Fins my 2nd favorite team is anyone who is playing the Vikes. I don't know where Rotoworld got their stats from but no way in Hell does Winfield pass the eyeball test for over $7mil/year. I'm guessing the Vikes wanted him to restructure because he wouldn't be seeing as much playing time this year and he said no thus causing the Vikes to release him.

I Doubt minny gets Jennings and Cruz. Only way they'll get Cruz is to load the hell out of that contract up front. I mean like $12 mil or more cap hit in year one. Poison pill type stuff

I'm pretty sure that under the new CBA teams are no longer allowed to use the poisoned pill.

Actually he's pretty washed up. He couldn't play the boundary last year and was pretty much only on the field in nickel situations. There is no way he is worth $7.25 million. I could definitely see them making a play for Cruz with a heavy front loaded contract.

He was actually on the field for more then 90% of their defensive plays last year, was rated as the best corner in run support and gave up 0 passing touchdowns last year....

What?? He was the highest ranked CB in the league last year. At 37 he just became the best FA CB available.

Best FA CB in the league LOL. The only reason he was on the field last year was due to injury from other players on the roster. I just saw an article from Kevin Seifert on ESPN that correlates directly to what I wrote. The Vikes think last season was an aberition because of the two down years he had beforehand and that he wasn't going to be a full time player this year and becasue of that they asked him to restructer and he said no thus causing the Vikes to release him. Still SMDH at the best FA corner on the market remark. He will be one of the last FA CB's signed and not near to what he thinks he's worth. In my best Walter Solbchak voice "Mark it down Dude".

Best FA CB in the league LOL. The only reason he was on the field last year was due to injury from other players on the roster. I just saw an article from Kevin Seifert on ESPN that correlates directly to what I wrote. The Vikes think last season was an aberition because of the two down years he had beforehand and that he wasn't going to be a full time player this year and becasue of that they asked him to restructer and he said no thus causing the Vikes to release him. Still SMDH at the best FA corner on the market remark. He will be one of the last FA CB's signed and not near to what he thinks he's worth. In my best Walter Solbchak voice "Mark it down Dude".
Yeah I over stated that. Must have got stuck in the moment. Still, Winfield had an excellent season last year and would be more then happy if the Dolphins got him on the cheap. He is better then any CB on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom