Merged: You have to thank him first/Thanks Ricky! (Seriously) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: You have to thank him first/Thanks Ricky! (Seriously)

tastes like chi said:
Who says Ricky is even going to play. Saban might just bring him back, pump him up. Then when somebody's RB goes down they might get suckerd into a trade. Does anybody know when the trade deadline is?(maybe week 6) that is alot of time for Saban to work some MOJO

It would have to be all Saban. Ricky cant play until week 6. (4 game suspension plus the bye week)

Ohio Fanatic said:
First of all, I hated Ricky last year. Lowest point in my 22 years as a sports fan was him quitting, followed closely by the 62-7 drubbing by JAX (GAME which also introduced Wanny to Jay Fiedler). HOWEVER, it's been pointed out before and should be pointed out again with all the bashing and skeptism.

Ricky saved this franchise. YEs, he screwed us last year. But look at all the optimism and excitement we've had since hiring Nick Saban. It's been the best offseason for me as a dolphins fan since the SUPER overhyped last offseason of Shula when he brought in all those overpaid players liked Eric Green. If RIcky hadn't quit, Wanny might still be here, because of WH's ridiculous loyalty to his direct reports. We'd be bored this offseason, none of these players wouldve sighed with us because Wanny is terrible recruiter/evaluator of talent.

I still don't like Ricky, but he was the catalyst that pushed our franchise in the direction of the playoffs, division title and eventual superbowl appearance, within the next 2-3 years. Now, if he comes back and plays just two years on the backup RB role to help out Ronnie, extend Ronnie's career, then we should again thank him.

If he quits again, it's a major distraction, but we're still a winning team. and hopefully he gets run over by a car.

i agree boss....win/win...let him run up a storm the last 12 games of the season and let his stock rise...the trade him away for draft picks next year...somebody will need him!!

Rebar71 said:
I just want him to go away. No more talk about him - PERIOD. I'm sick of it. He came in as the savior and then killed us. People are ready to accept him back. Screw that - let him go back India and do whatever he wants. I don't even care about the $8mil. Just go away.

Ricky Williams didnt kill us....Wanny;s bad coaching did. People realize this is just a game. Thats all it is. And really..what did Ricky do that was so bad that he doesnt deserve a second chance. He quit football. Big whoop dee doo. I love all these people who preach from their pulpits about him. If you are so distraught over him coming back....you should be absolutley devastated about bringing an individual convicted of sexual assualt in. Yet..I have not read many posts condeming Elam...and that my friends is way worse than anything Ricky did.

JB-Dolfan-VA said:
If he quits again SO WHAT. We need to get something out of him -- he owes us a boat load of money!

You know what I don't understand the most of all this? How is it that some of us fans can't conditionally forgive this guy ... BUT THE PLAYERS CAN? You know Saban has talked to the leaders -- RIGHT?

I stick by my team and I trust the leaders of my team. If they hadn't accepted him, none of this would even be spoken about because he wouldn't have a chance in hell to come back.

So now my question to you is, why can't you get over it if they can?

I second that!!! Couldn't have said it better!

Ohio Fanatic said:
Excellent Points OHALL. THere is risk, but also lots of reward. That's what I"ve been saying, Saban might be able to pull it off, whereas Wanny certainly couldn't.

No doubt about that. Saban to this point just seems to have that magic touch. He could sell ice cubes to eskimos in the middle of a winter storm.

Ohio Fanatic said:
First of all, I hated Ricky last year. Lowest point in my 22 years as a sports fan was him quitting, followed closely by the 62-7 drubbing by JAX (GAME which also introduced Wanny to Jay Fiedler). HOWEVER, it's been pointed out before and should be pointed out again with all the bashing and skeptism.

Ricky saved this franchise. YEs, he screwed us last year. But look at all the optimism and excitement we've had since hiring Nick Saban. It's been the best offseason for me as a dolphins fan since the SUPER overhyped last offseason of Shula when he brought in all those overpaid players liked Eric Green. If RIcky hadn't quit, Wanny might still be here, because of WH's ridiculous loyalty to his direct reports. We'd be bored this offseason, none of these players wouldve sighed with us because Wanny is terrible recruiter/evaluator of talent.

I still don't like Ricky, but he was the catalyst that pushed our franchise in the direction of the playoffs, division title and eventual superbowl appearance, within the next 2-3 years. Now, if he comes back and plays just two years on the backup RB role to help out Ronnie, extend Ronnie's career, then we should again thank him.

If he quits again, it's a major distraction, but we're still a winning team. and hopefully he gets run over by a car.

I wouldn't say "thank" him, but what u said is exactly what I thought when wanny left. Ricky was a quitter though he saved us :D

If Saban is stupid enough to bring this clown back, he is no better than Wannstedt!

Why put up with Ricky? The guy is no good. He can't be trusted. He screwed EVERYONE affiliated with the Fins over last year. The hell with him. If Saban falls for Ricky's song and dance then he isn't as smart as we are all lead to believe

Only b/c Wanny screwed him over and nothing was going to change.
Simply put, figure your boss makes your salary a** work twice as many hours just b/c he can and your only hope is to quit. B/c you have no power to dictate the work schedule. Yon are now working 5-16hr days and every other employee is still working 8's. Ricky asked for a little less carries and to try to do something different on first down, other than a dive up the gut. NE was playing the safety like 8-9 yds off the ball b/c they new what we would try to do. So a genius figures that their opponent has only passed on first down 5% of the plays(if that). So let's bring the house on first down. It really sucked for Ricky and all of us fans to watch Wanny run him into the ground.

If you are a true fan, you were asking for something different on offense as well. Save the best thing the fins have had since Marino, and the BEST back we have ever had.(Top talent in the league/or LT) I hated watching him get beat to heck every sunday. Hated....Hated....Hated, it! I spent as much time wondering when superman grew dreds and pulled an anti Micheal Jackson(taking pills to darken his skin) as I did trying to stomach that pathetic scheme. Hell, L.Smith spent an entire week in a whirlpool after the load against Indy. This guy just showed up the next day to prepare for another bash fest the next week. I felt really terible for Ricky and the defense, knowing they would spend 2/3rd's of the game on the field!

Ricky didn't quit on our football team, he just took some time off to teach Wann/Spiel a lesson.

Back
Top Bottom