Merged2X: Press Confrence Cancelled!! / Fails Physical/Drama Continues | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged2X: Press Confrence Cancelled!! / Fails Physical/Drama Continues

WQAM.com reports that the deal for Mcintosh was for 3.5 mill a yrs for 6 yrs. with a 3-4 million bonus. I don,t want to pay that kind of $ to someone who is hurt ,lets move on the the next FA.

Originally posted by BigFinFan
We will be fine!

If he fails the physical, there must be something wrong somewhere.

To me it's not that I guess the guy has some problem with him, it's how this organization is having yet ANOTHER publicized blunder. Don't you guys think that if the Fins brass are soooo imersed in researching all the available guys out there that they would have AT LEAST known of a potential problem BEFORE picking Mcintosh as the RT replacement offering a contract????

I really am beginning to worry about the mentality of our FO.
I hope I'm wrong but there sure are some troubling signs.

what confuses me is why you would publicly schedule a news conference before everything gets ironed out...such as his physical....

I don't know what's funnier...

The amount of money you were going to pay him...

or that he failed the physical.

Damn, I just left this morning for a few hours and I was so happy about us getting him and now I get home and see this. What else can go wrong for our team?Now we really do need to get a guard and then draft a RT cos I don't see any other RT's that I like in free agency.I can't believe our luck.

Ozzy rules!!

He was going to be worth that amount if the physical went through OK.

The fact that he failed the physical doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't be ready to play in 2004. It means that he probably has a degenerative condition in his ankle or whatever it is, to where there's no way its feasible to hand him a 6 year contract. The Dolphins are probably a little upset that they had to find out this late in the game (ie McIntosh didn't notify them of the condition's severity) and that is why they probably nixed the deal altogether instead of dumping the agreed-upon contract and attempting to negotiate a contract that has a more appropriate structure and value for a guy with a condition like his.

This...SUCKS. I was all pumped to have him here.

As much as I would absolutely HATE to ignore this draft class of WRs we may be forced to try and trade up using Ogunleye to get Shawn Andrews. I just don't see any other options out there because I do not like Orlando Brown. I suppose he MIGHT be able to get us by for a year, but we had better have some darn good strengths elsewhere because he's a shadow of the player he use to be and even then he was just a great run blocker and a poor pass protector. In retrospect I would have probably rather overpaid Todd Wade.

You know, we're scratching the bottom of the barrel at this point.
It's fine that Rick had fallback positions...but so did the Belgians, and the Nazis plowed right through every one of them on the way to France.
Only thing left for us now besides taking a risk on starting a rookie is to wait for June 1. And that sucks.

Doesn't matter where it is from, I'll call it as I see it. I'm not going to hesitate from writing something because you think "Im stirring $hit up." I think its messed up and I'll stay with my opinion.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Doesn't matter where it is from, I'll call it as I see it. I'm not going to hesitate from writing something because you think "Im stirring $hit up." I think its messed up and I'll stay with my opinion.
you're a whiney little *****...no offense

Mod Note: CW (and everyone else), we now have well over 3000 registered members here. Things that may have slid by in the past aren't going to get a pass; we can't keep order in the house if we allow personal shots. Whining or not, PrimeTime commented on a signature image, not on a fellow poster. Your comment was personal and violates T.O.S. Don't expect any more passes.

Originally posted by Spikes
I don't know what's funnier...

The amount of money you were going to pay him...

or that he failed the physical.

Not as funny as the billy goats backsliding deeper in the AFC East basement last season !!!!

:lol:

:wave:

Marino1983

Originally posted by Marino1983

Not as funny as the billy goats backsliding deeper in the AFC East basement last season !!!!

:lol:

:wave:

Marino1983
You should be proud of your boy Danny, looks like he knew what was coming...

Originally posted by Trekbiz

To me it's not that I guess the guy has some problem with him, it's how this organization is having yet ANOTHER publicized blunder. Don't you guys think that if the Fins brass are soooo imersed in researching all the available guys out there that they would have AT LEAST known of a potential problem BEFORE picking Mcintosh as the RT replacement offering a contract????

I really am beginning to worry about the mentality of our FO.
I hope I'm wrong but there sure are some troubling <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=signs&v=55">signs</a>.

There is nothing wrong with the FO, they have been doing this way for years, and just because someone fails a physical is no reason to change the practice...this FO has performed magnificantly. This year we actually went after people and didn't lose them because of price. That's different from the past. So I have no problem with the FO and the way they operate, and you shouldn't either at this point. The offseason lasts until July, so include the June 1 cuts as possibles also.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

There is nothing wrong with the FO, they have been doing this way for years, and just because someone fails a physical is no reason to change the practice...this FO has performed magnificantly. This year we actually went after people and didn't lose them because of price. That's different from the past. So I have no problem with the FO and the way they operate, and you shouldn't either at this point. The offseason lasts until July, so include the June 1 cuts as possibles also.

WOW!
That's amazing considering you have absolutely no idea how they operate or what they really are doing!

Even Wayne Huzienga dosen't know whether they are doing a good job or not. Remember Dan Marino? He wanted a guy overseeing Wann-Speil that knew football and wasn't an insider on that same Wann-Speil team. Wayne admittedly dosen't know what the problem is with this team and he hasn't ruled out his top guys being the problem.

So for you to be so confident is quite amazing!

Back
Top Bottom